Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Increases Contingency at Solo Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:45 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Goodyear Increases Contingency at Solo Nationals

For those of you going to Solo Nationals and still needing to buy tires, Goodyear has updated their contingency for the event. Four tires for first (up from two), two tire for second (up from zero) with a five car minimum for both. It applies to all DOT-R and race tire classes. See the link below:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...r-Solo-NC1.pdf
Old 08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are those working out? I almost bought a set first of the year but decided to stick with Kumho while they get feedback on the goodyears.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Han Solo
How are those working out? I almost bought a set first of the year but decided to stick with Kumho while they get feedback on the goodyears.
First off, full disclosure: I work for Goodyear. That said, I think they are working out great. It's taken me until now to get the car actually setup and tuned. I cleared the field at the Lincoln Tour by over a second (I ran pressures 12 psi higher at the Pro, which I bet hurt the grip just a little) and I picked up another 1-2 seconds at a test and tune a few weeks ago. Hopefully that will translate to the surface and courses of Lincoln, but either way they seem to be working great.

Unlike the Hoosiers I ran last year and had to cool with a sprayer after most runs, I use tire blankets on the Goodyears to try and keep as much heat as possible in them. They like the heat and don't get greasy like the Hoosiers, at least in the autocrosses I have run. If you end up giving them a try, let me know and I can try to help with any specific setup questions you have.

Get notified of new replies

To Goodyear Increases Contingency at Solo Nationals

Quick Reply: Goodyear Increases Contingency at Solo Nationals