Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S Pfadt C6z race car st1

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 PM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F/S Pfadt C6z race car st1

Aaron Pfadts 2006 c6z ST1 RACE CAR BACK f/s
Major change of plan.. We just purchased this Awesome car from Aaron Pfadt and Just received it here in Florida.. during this weekend track event we were told about some sponsorship to run the Porsche Cup in Imsa next year so I Hate to do this but this awesome car is up for sale.... Funny Part is that we haven't even unpacked the car ..

we are asking only what we have in it 32k ..

Manny Sanchez
305-333-4445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt View Post
We're selling the Pfadt 2006 C6Z ST1 race car as a roller. It needs an LS7 - or your favorite LS motor - to be race ready.

Here is a link to the photo gallery of the car being built

Here is the basic info on the car. It started life as a 2006 Z06 street car that we used for suspension development. It had about 6000 miles on it when we converted it to a race car. It now shows 18,000 or so miles on the odo. The car is a steal at $32000, it would take at least $75k to build a similar car.

The car won NASA TTU (Time Trial version of ST1) Nationally in 2009 with Danny Popp driving it. That is the year I got hit by the Viper while leading on the last lap of the ST1 race and taken out of the race. The car is nationally competitive. It has run low 1:57s on outer loop at Miller.

I would characterize it as a complete car sans long block LS7. The car has everything for the drivetrain with the exception of a good longblock. A LS7 longblock can be purchased for about $10000 from several sources. IMHO it is waste of money to install anything other than a production LS7 in the car, the weight is set up to run ST1 that way and it is also legal in SCCA STO in that configuration – sans the aero package which can be removed easily. The LS7 is an inexpensive and reliable powertrain that can be replaced easily. Perfect for racing.

The components on the car are as follows:
• New FeatherLight DA coilovers
• Pfadt spherical bearing kit
• Pfadt camber kit
• Pfadt Heavy Rate Race bars
• Pfadt Pillow Blocks
• Pfadt engine and trans mounts
• Pfadt carbon fiber driveshaft
• Pfadt C6Z cage (prototype piece)
• Pfadt diffuser (prototype piece)
• Carbon fiber front splitter (proto Pfadt Europe piece)
• Carbon fiber GT2 style wing (proto Pfadt Europe piece)
• Pfadt vented hood (proto piece)
• American Racing Headers (ceramic coated)
• custom exhaust with mufflers in the tunnel for use with diffuser
• OS Giken differential
• SKF race wheel bearings on all 4 wheels
• twin front mount oil cooler setup
• independent trans and diff cooling (rear mount)
• ARE LS7 dry sump upgrade (pan, tank, lines etc...) - the pan would have to be changed to work with a 'non-ls7' style oil pump
• solid state electrical cut-off system (very pro)
• SPA AFFF fire system (electronic style)
• Cobra Evolution race seat
• TPMS override system
• Brembo 380mm/355mm monoblock brake system
• Lexan windows front and rear
• Probably there are a few misc things that i am forgetting...

Currently it has a production LS7 clutch - that I always raced with - but at cost I can include our Pfadt 215mm twin plate clutch.

This is all built on my old street 2006 Z06 development car. It has never had and damage beyond minor bodywork. It has all production CF body pieces. I have a set of CCW wheels and 2 sets of ATS wheels for it. You can choose one set to go with the car, the others can be purchased.

To complete the car, the oil coolers (both front units) need to be ultrasonically cleaned just for safety even though they were in line after the oil filer.

My overriding principle with the car was to keep it as close to a production Z06 as possible and change only things necessary for reliability and cooling. It is a very easy to drive car and easy to maintain because there is very little 'custom' on the car. You can buy parts from the GM dealer to fix almost anything on a race weekend. The ABS is still functional as are all of the electronics including things like wipers, defroster and headlights. I kept those in place for endurance racing – it would make a great 25H Thunderhill car.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice car and I have a built and freshly gone through LS7 for sale that would be perfect for this car. Listed on this forum.

Last edited by clubracer6; 10-30-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great car. Someone really should jump all over this... it's a screaming deal for 32k.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S Pfadt C6z race car st1

Quick Reply: F/S Pfadt C6z race car st1