Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with size of seat rails

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Help with size of seat rails

I recently purchased a set of Corbeau seat mounts from a fellow member here on CF. When I went to install them in my 99FRC I found that the rails are too short. The distance between the seat mount studs in my car is 21", while the Corbeau rails are ~18 3/4".

I thought these were standard in C5 and C6 - anyone know anything about this? Did early C5s have a different spec?

Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

C6 is 21", same as the C5. He had those seat brackets bolted to sliders and the sliders to the floor.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

OK. Thanks for the response - I understand now. I will need to get something fab'd up that these rails will bolt to. Sigh...
Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used off the shelf Sparco Seat Sliders and then bolted those to pre-bent steel tracks that my local shop sells and they are bent up to fit the C5/C6 floorboards. I think I paid $90 for the pair. That local shop is Performance Speedtech (PST). I had to trim the ears/ends to fit but the complex bending was done. Not to say the trimming didn't require numerous fittings/removal/grind/reinstall/repeat.. but in the end I have an FIA seat on sliders that drops in perfectly every time with 4 simple bolts. And since it is on sliders, getting to those rear bolts is easy. I have no regrets removing the seat when I need to for work under the dash. I did have to add a custom ears welded to those tracks so that my lap belts bolted safely to the tracks too. I could not believe how much time I spent getting this all worked out, it was probably 12-15 hours, but seating position and safety are critical as I'm sure you know.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with size of seat rails

Quick Reply: Help with size of seat rails