Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do they make a harness bar for the C6 Vert..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
WHYASK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do they make a harness bar for the C6 Vert..?

Ive been looking through all the search functions and on other sites and googly, so far nothing. I miss running some of the track events with my buddies, but i really need a harness bar. Havnt been able to find one made for the C6 Vert ..Does it exisit ..? Thanks !

-Big Sarge
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Most track day sponsoring organizations don't require a harness at all - the stock 3 point belt system will be acceptable for most all HPDE type events.

However, for a convertible, most all groups require a full roll bar/cage for a vert.

For verts, many organizations go by the "broomstick rule" - when you're sitting in your seat with your helmet on, they'll put straight edge (like a broomstick) resting on the windshield frame and the roll bar, and there has to be 2 inches between your helmet and the broomstick.

So.....I think you need more than a harness bar to run at many track events.

Bob
Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chin Motorsports allow verts now, at least at some tracks.

I would be very nervous about a harness system in a convertible and would stick with the OE 3-point.

WRT your initial question about the harness BAR, the harness bar in a coupe attaches where the folding mechanisms for the convertible lives.

Jim
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Angelwings Tech makes a bolt-in "Track Day Bar" for both 5th and 6th gen. Corvette convertibles. I have one in my '01 and have run at several tracks in SoCal and Nevada.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
WHYASK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bolt vette. Thanks ! I have a Evo 2 Seat that i use for track day, and i hated the way the regular seat belt come across hence the need for a harness bar guys, sorry i didtn maje that clearer

Get notified of new replies

To Do they make a harness bar for the C6 Vert..?

Quick Reply: Do they make a harness bar for the C6 Vert..?