Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Seat, How tight is too tight?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Race Seat, How tight is too tight?

I've got a Cobra Evolution race seat and it's a very tight fit - there's no wiggle room what-so-ever, not in the thigh, butt, hip or shoulder areas. I've sat in the seat for 10 minutes or so but that's not like like slamming around a road course. My existing seat is a Sparco Evo 2 Plus and after 30 minutes, my hips are aching. BTW, I do have two bad hips.

Thoughts?
Jim
Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Mine is too tight to carry a wallet. It should be loose enough to sit in for a 30 minute race, but tight enough that you could not sit in it for 4 hours!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm new to the race seat thing so I'm still learning but what I found is what I thought was tight isn't tight enough. I found I'm still twisting my hips and jamming my quads into the side of the seat to hold my lower torso in and it's a distraction; my body should be relaxed and no effort spent pinning my torso into the seat. I have large shoulders so my upper half is pinned just fine. Don't know that it helps you especially with the bad hips, I'm sure there is more to consider giving your predicament..
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
I've got a Cobra Evolution race seat and it's a very tight fit - there's no wiggle room what-so-ever, not in the thigh, butt, hip or shoulder areas.
Thoughts?
Jim
That's a perfect fit! Also after hooking up your harness, if you can still breath, then they are not tight enough. The only thing you want to move is your hands and feet.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I'm not even sure it's possible to have a seat that's too tight. Once you reach turn 1 you'll want an even tighter one anyways.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, thanks guys! I'll proceed with the istallation and adjustment process.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Race Seat, How tight is too tight?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Seat, How tight is too tight?