Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C6Z Suspension

Is there any difference between in suspension componets between 06-13? I dont recall hearing of any.

Reasoning is after installing aftermarket wider wheels/tires there is some major rubbing on the brake ducts and even the frame when the wheel is turned at full lock.

Installed the same wheels/tires on another Z (08) and there was no rubbing issues with the same camber setup. Even with stock size Hoosiers we were having issues rubbing on the brake ducts (06). Both left and right sides of the car.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM
zyousoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the wheels rub in one and not the other one suspension is tighter, less worn, less movement or however you want to word it then the other. since we are assuming all other things are equal.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Is there any difference between in suspension componets between 06-13? I dont recall hearing of any.

Reasoning is after installing aftermarket wider wheels/tires there is some major rubbing on the brake ducts and even the frame when the wheel is turned at full lock.

Installed the same wheels/tires on another Z (08) and there was no rubbing issues with the same camber setup. Even with stock size Hoosiers we were having issues rubbing on the brake ducts (06). Both left and right sides of the car.

Anyone else experience this?
When changing to CCW's and 315 fronts I had the same thing. Actually even rubbed the rear inner wheel well on my 08. Longer studs and small spacers was all that was needed to make them clear.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

All of the parts are the same between the years from what I can tell and have seen.

Question though...how are the lower control arms setup? If both cars have the same alignment settings and both are using the same solid blocks on the lower arms then I could see that as a body fit issue. If both cars still have the cam bolts at the lower arms, you could have the same alignment but the track width is different.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:54 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

alignment differences and effect offset also, removing upper shims etc moves wheels inward compared to a street car
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Both cars use the Pfadt camber kit. So lowers are locked into place.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z Suspension

Quick Reply: C6Z Suspension