Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Integrated Brake Blowers

Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
0vettetrack-sales
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Integrated Brake Blowers

Finally...integrated brake blowers for the track!

Are you frustrated with high brake temperatures prematurely wearing your rotors and pads or unexpected brake fade due to high brake temperatures when you are at the track?

Sick of wasting expensive track time waiting for your brakes to cool, bleeding fluid or swapping pads?

Introducing BrakeBlowers. The only brake ducts for C6 Corvettes with a brake blower built in!

Retail is $399. We are offering 10% off through January 15th.

More info here: http://www.vettetrack.com/products.php

Email us at sales@vettetrack.com to order!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

Any data vs. aftermarket brake duct cooling or vs. nothing? I'd personally like to see this setup against Quantum fog light cooling duct kit. An you prove it's any better than what I already running?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM
0vettetrack-sales
Former Vendor

Hi taken19,

Thank you for your interest.

I don't have data vs. fog light kits, however the prototype kits were born from talking to various racers who make their own blower setups. The prototype for these have been in use for the last 2 years. I can tell you we noticed over 200 degrees less rotor temperature and no fluid or pad issues where we constantly struggled with them prior to these. I personally went from bleeding fluid before every event to once a season and got 50% more pad life. I use them connected to Quantum spindle ducts.

(Another advantage is you can keep them running in garage to cool everything very fast.)

Hope it helps!
Bob
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Bob, great info. I'm currently swapping to a BBK because I was melting brake pads and bending backing plates. I currently have quantum fog light kit (upgraded from normal duct cooling to fog light after melting XP10's). I've bent 2sets of XP20's with SS lines, fog light coolin, RBF 600 fluid and DRM SS pistons. Second set happened in one day.

If you ever find yourself looking for test data, let me know. Outside of competition racing, I'm probably as hard on a braking system as anybody.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
0vettetrack-sales
Former Vendor

Taken19,

A few of us went through same issues honestly. We are fast and hard brakers at Watkins Glen. We were running XP12s with stock calipers. Destroyed them. Twice. Went to Stoptech BBKs with spindle ducting. Better, but still fluid issues and fade and fried dust boots in calipers. We tried the blowers and it all went away. I started running 16s and last season tried 20s (very hot and very rotor aggressive) I am now back at 12s with better pad and rotor wear.

Honestly, our struggles and success with blowers is why we productized them.

Good luck with sorting your issues!
Bob
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Nice product, much better looking than the prototypes in this thread at post 82:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ication-5.html

Noticed you site has a wiring kit to use the fog light switch, great idea. Does your wiring kit address the issue that when you turn on the fogs with the stock switch the BCM commands the running lights (sidemarker and tail) to come on as well? (solution in post 82 above).
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 AM
0vettetrack-sales
Former Vendor

Hey CGZ06 - Thank you for your post. Haven't seen the lighting issue. Will do some digging on that one. However, we do offer a dedicated wiring harness that is essentially a high output fog light harness that wires directly to the battery. Heavy wiring, dedicate fuse and relay. Fans will also have more output as well.

We use similar fans as the Rule mentioned in your post. Our prototypes were similar as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by vettetrack-sales
Hey CGZ06 - Thank you for your post. Haven't seen the lighting issue. Will do some digging on that one. However, we do offer a dedicated wiring harness that is essentially a high output fog light harness that wires directly to the battery. Heavy wiring, dedicate fuse and relay. Fans will also have more output as well.

We use similar fans as the Rule mentioned in your post. Our prototypes were similar as well.
I found that on my 09Z that when I used the fog light switch on the left stalk to turn the fogs on, the BCM sends a signal to turn on the sidemarker and tail lights as well.
I cut the wire that exits the BCM and goes to the fog light relay (sents 12V to the relay to turn on fogs), then I put a diode (only lets the 12DC signal go one way) on the wire exiting the BCM. At the other end of the diode, attach the existing wire that goes to the fog light relay and a wire coming from an aftermarket switch to supply 12V to the fog relay. This will enable you to turn on the foglights or fans (whichever is hooked up) with the stock fog light switch (side and tail light come on) or the new aftermarket switch (side and tail light stay off).
Bonus for daily driving with the fog lights hooked up is that if the fogs are turned on with the aftermarket switch, the fogs stay on with the high beams.
I also had the "dedicated wiring harness that is essentially a high output fog light harness that wires directly to the battery" previously installed with a HID foglight mod.

The running light issue complicates the wireing, but I didn't want my sidemarker and tail lights on while on track (didn't want the driver behind me wondering if i was on the brakes when I wasn't).

Again, very nice product and good luck with sales. I would have bought these in a heartbeat if I hadn't done the mod already. The cooling effect with the fans is way better than without. Especially effective during lower speeds when the ram air effect is ineffective. It's cooling the brakes like you're at speed all the time.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Yes, I like the idea of better cooling. Pretty ingenious idea. Once I'm back on the track and the new brake setup has been tested, I will certainly be looking to this product if I need more cooling help. I don't think I drive that aggressive yet, but heck, I didn't think I could ever out drive my stock brakes either.

Probably be talking to you in the next couple months, lol.

Get notified of new replies

To New Integrated Brake Blowers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Integrated Brake Blowers