Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for driving Homestead-Miami

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Tips for driving Homestead-Miami

I'm going to the HMS next week for the first time and it is also my first time on a ROVAL. I'm aware of the need to go with a less agressive alinement and more PSI. The course will be the Grand-AM layout so I was looking for some driving tips. I've watch some video but that only does so much. One specfic question I have is how should I be braking on the last turn off the oval? Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Homestead is pretty straight forward, just be careful on the transitions off of the oval to the infield!! Keep the car straight until the car settles, before completing the turn. If you are not running turn 3 and 4 you don't have to worry about the banking, so tire pressures and alignment won't matter. I don't remember if the Grand Am layout includes 3 and 3 or not?? JD
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

It does include the banked 3 and 4...........as near as I can tell it looks like coming off the oval calls for trail braking through the transition?

Get notified of new replies

To Tips for driving Homestead-Miami

Quick Reply: Tips for driving Homestead-Miami