Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thompson Int'l Speedway to Repave Road Course

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Thompson Int'l Speedway to Repave Road Course

Not sure if anyone saw this, i didn't see it posted. I'm very excited not only for another northeast track option but that it is only 20-30min from my house.

Thompson Int'l Speedway:
All - Thank you for all of your positive comments and support toward the re-paving and re-opening of the historic road course here at Thompson. We were planning on putting out a more formal press release next week with the accompanying image after we release our 2013 racing schedule and rules. The info that is being passed around in in fact true and did come from us. It was distributed to all the clubs, groups and schools that have worked with us to develop this plan and go through feasibility over the past two years. To clear up a couple things in the comments below. The venue, when used as a road course, will be primarily for club events, i.e., PCA, BMW, SCCA, etc, high performance driving schools, corporate outings, testing, etc. Our primary goal is to re-pave the historic course, upgrade degraded asphalt, safety barriers and overall facilities and amenities. When there are oval racing events the track will transform back to the traditional oval configuration. Parking will take place the same as it does now during oval events. Again, we will be releasing more on the facility upgrades and r-paving project over the next couple weeks. Any questions or concerns please message the facebook page and we will contact you personally.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Always happy to see an additional venue open in he east. Will have to put that one on my "to drive" list.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see it coming back!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I attended a couple of SCCA events at Thompson as a teenager back in the 1960's. I distinctly remember somebody rolling a Ferrari during one of the races.

I went back for the big Thompson swap meet in Nov. The road course section needs a lot of work.

Get notified of new replies

To Thompson Int'l Speedway to Repave Road Course

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thompson Int'l Speedway to Repave Road Course