Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's going to VIR June 24-25???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:51 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by r1owner
IKR! That thing gave me a headache after following it around for a couple of laps!
Not that I could have caught him, but I was lucky to be in the green group so I could watch from the benches!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM
R Myers
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys I know it was loud going to tame it down some then I can sneak up on you lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
r1owner
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R Myers
Sorry guys I know it was loud going to tame it down some then I can sneak up on you lol.
What? LOL!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
crazy tom is in the house..
HEY HEY. I resemble that remark

Sebring March of 2014

VIR End of June 2014

and hopefully NCM Motorsports Park Fall of 2014
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
so do I! thanks again for the great event, and maybe I and more of Roc's NJ Club can attend the NCM event!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Sebring March of 2014

VIR End of June 2014

Now there's a lineup!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Finally...

Out from under the sufferings of my laptop's total wig-out and settled in for a couple of days at home.

Just wanted to say THANKS to all that came out for the VIR event. As every year, you all were a fantastic bunch!! Major THANKS to Roc, Nancy, Tom, Ted, Mike, Art, John, John H., Shields, and Andy for creating such a great event with support from GM - even when GM doesn't officially support the outing anymore.

It's commitment like that of Laura and Rudy, John, John H., Art, and Helen (her first time doing anything like this and she brought a C7!!) that speaks volumes for the quality of people that GM has within its realms! And a HUGE personal THANKS to Art for letting me get a taste of the Stingray!

My life is so crazy these days, I rarely if ever get a chance to frequent the halls of CF anymore... But at least after each event I can stop in and tell you all how much I appreciate you and how wonderful it is to have you in my classes. This year in particular, everyone was so switched on and engaged, bringing great questions and contributions to the classrooms! You all are just an awesome group of people and I can't wait until our next track event so that I can see you all again! I brought a friend who had never instructed with NCM before (Dan Wagner) and he was bowled over by the quality of individuals of this group and the passion they have for the Corvette.

Stay safe out there and keep the spirit! The days of the Stingray are right around the corner!! Until next time...

Cheers,
C
Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
r1owner
Racer

Chuck,

Your classroom instruction is a great help. I appreciate all you do to make us faster and safer.

Thanks again,
Scott
Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Chuck,

Your classroom instruction is a great help. I appreciate all you do to make us faster and safer.

Thanks again,
Scott

Add my thanks and that of my wife as well. Your classroom is a big part of what makes the NCM VIR event special. Your high energy and interactive approach makes the time FLY by in there and I always learn something. Even when those of us in Blue Group completely threw you off topic for an entire session it was very helpful!

Thanks again and we hope to see you each year there!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman

Add my thanks and that of my wife as well. Your classroom is a big part of what makes the NCM VIR event special. Your high energy and interactive approach makes the time FLY by in there and I always learn something. Even when those of us in Blue Group completely threw you off topic for an entire session it was very helpful!

Thanks again and we hope to see you each year there!
Chuck and Blue Group:
Quality instruction when you trust the class enough to let them run with good questions and everyone learns something relevant to the specific event and track on that day. The Blue Group settled in nicely after the 1st morning session and coped with the 40 plus cars on track very well...and two Black Flags! Solid competent situational aware group helped by advice from Chuck.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Sebring March of 2014

VIR End of June 2014

I hope the Sebring event is either early to mid part of the month. Since I just put together a Vacation to Cancun for the last week in March. If I would have knew this sooner I would have scheduled it for April. Got my fingers cross...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
... Your high energy and interactive approach makes the time FLY by in there and I always learn something. ........
Chuck always delves deeper than most into the rationale of track principles while bringing the attention of the group along with enthusiasm. There is a reason he is considered to be at the top of his field by many. He makes easier work for the on track instructors.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:43 PM
dmyers
Racer

Location: A place where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

By the way, what was the story on those Cobalts? I know that John Heinricy brought them. Those things were wicked fast. I wasn't shocked to be passed but watching one walk away from me on the back straight wasn't something I expected to see - of course making the Oak Tree turn correctly gave them an advantage - but still.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dmyers
By the way, what was the story on those Cobalts? I know that John Heinricy brought them. Those things were wicked fast. I wasn't shocked to be passed but watching one walk away from me on the back straight wasn't something I expected to see - of course making the Oak Tree turn correctly gave them an advantage - but still.
Two of the Cobalts are driven by GM engineers. One of the engineers is in the suspension department. The third was a friend. They have been coming to our events for years. Plus the auto cross those little monsters.

They have the experience to just about run in the black group, but those cars really dont have the speed for the black group.

and remember if a Cobalt shows up in your rear view mirror, GOD DID NOT PUT IT THERE, Laura, Eric or John Heinricy did
Old 07-05-2013, 08:16 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Two of the Cobalts are driven by GM engineers. One of the engineers is in the suspension department. The third was a friend. They have been coming to our events for years. Plus the auto cross those little and remember if a Cobalt shows up in your rear view mirror, GOD DID NOT PUT IT THERE, Laura, Eric or John Heinricy did
I know, I gave the yellow one a point-by. It must have been slumming in the green group.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
r1owner
Racer

I was in the blue one with the high wing in the yellow group, but I'm not a GM employee.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

I was in the blue one with the high wing in the yellow group, but I'm not a GM employee.
There we go. Notice is avatar?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
r1owner
Racer

Notice is avatar?
Cars are fun... but riding a motorcycle like that is > cars X 10 (IMHO).