Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono event April 20th-21st

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Pocono event April 20th-21st

Folks,

Hooked on Driving is doing a two day event at Pocono at the above mentioned dates. As I understand it they will be the first group to go out on the completely redone infield. I'm headed there as a first timer to the course AND with my new-to-me 2004 Z06. Anyone going to this thing who can show me how to drive this car fast!?

Last edited by StreetSpeed; 03-26-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what course?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

This is the verbiage from the website. As I noted, I've never been there, but my understanding is that no one else has either, so what this all means beats the hell out of me!

This is our opening weekend event on the new Pocono combined East and South infield courses. Use this page to register for both days.

Over the winter, Pocono Raceway has repaved and widened the infield layouts. The South and East courses have also been reconfigured, allowing them to be used together and independently of the speedway. This weekend we will be running this 1.7 mile combined course which incorporates kinks, sweepers, a nice straight and a hairpin.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like HOD may be using one of the new configurations that actually combines the East and South courses (which now may or may nor include the main track) and includes some new infield straights . All of the infield courses are repaved, wider, and include curbing that allows traffic in both directions.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Zak77
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to do this event but just remembered while I was filling out the forms that I have a bbq competition that date in Salisbury MD. Bummer.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Originally Posted by Zak77
I'd love to do this event but just remembered while I was filling out the forms that I have a bbq competition that date in Salisbury MD. Bummer.
Bummer indeed! You must be serious about your BBQ!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Zak77
Racer

I've been smoking bbq for a number of years and a few friends and I formed a team last year. I think we did 4 or 5 events. A very fun way to spend a weekend, though not as much as a HDPE.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 PM
jbednarsh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there, blue C6 Z06. HOD runs a great event, very well organized. Will be with some other guys as well, definitely come by or PM me for contact info.

This configuration will be new to all of us, should be lots of fun.

I've been smoking bbq for a number of years and a few friends and I formed a team last year. I think we did 4 or 5 events. A very fun way to spend a weekend, though not as much as a HDPE.
Any plans to combine BBQ and HPDE? I'll definitely be in for that event!!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Zak77
Racer

Originally Posted by jbednarsh
I'll be there, blue C6 Z06. HOD runs a great event, very well organized. Will be with some other guys as well, definitely come by or PM me for contact info.

Actually yes. Plans are to bring the family and my meager smoker setup to the events for dinners after the first night. Ribs, pulled pork, brisket etc. My chicken is still not edible though. Oh and these amazing things called ABT's.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Originally Posted by jbednarsh

Awesome! Glad to know there will be a couple more Vette guys there.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 PM
jbednarsh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually yes. Plans are to bring the family and my meager smoker setup to the events for dinners after the first night. Ribs, pulled pork, brisket etc. My chicken is still not edible though. Oh and these amazing things called ABT's.
Awesome! I just started smoking last summer, chicken is the first thing I'm real proud of...we'll have to meet up at one of these events, ill bring a couple brined smoker-ready chickens and we'll be in business!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
mel11422
Advanced

Does anyone have a link for this event? What do most of these tracks require as far as safety equipment? ( what type of helmet, harnesses etc). I have never done a track day so any info would be great. Im from Upstate NY so any other events in NY, NJ, PA, CT, I would be interested in also. Thanks in advance.

My email is mq93082@gmail.com send links here please.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Originally Posted by mel11422
Does anyone have a link for this event? What do most of these tracks require as far as safety equipment? ( what type of helmet, harnesses etc). I have never done a track day so any info would be great. Im from Upstate NY so any other events in NY, NJ, PA, CT, I would be interested in also. Thanks in advance.

Email sent!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mel11422

You have mail

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono event April 20th-21st

Quick Reply: Pocono event April 20th-21st