Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Experience with Vivid Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Default BAD Experience with Vivid Racing!

Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience with you as these guys have not resolved my problem in over a month.

About a month and a half ago I went online and purchased a steering wheel from Vivid Racing. Everything was going smoothly and a few days later I received a tracking number showing the wheel was on its way. The wheel arrived in about a week, but unfortunately they sent me the wrong one. I sent them an email that day and explained the situation, asking them to send me the right wheel. I received an email from Vivid about a week later that read "are you ready to exchange the wheel now?"... I replied to this email saying I had been ready and when I receive the correct wheel I will send back the wrong one. Another week went by with no response.

At this time it had already been 3 weeks since I placed the order and I decided to call Vivid (I had tried this before multiple times but had never been connected to anyone working in customer service). I explained the issue on the phone to a friendly apologetic man who said he would look into it. He identified that they had put the wrong part number on their website and that they would send me the correct wheel. He wouldn't, however, send the wheel without first receiving the wrong wheel. I told him I didn't have time to wait another two weeks and I paid for BOTH wheels with the intention of being refunded for the wrong one after I returned it. He told me they had the wheel in stock and he would send it out that day and I should receive it in 2-3 days. 3 days go by and I have no wheel or tracking number...

I called again until someone answered the phone. I got a representative who said he would look into it and call me back. After not hearing back, I called again about 6 hours later. The man told me that they weren't going to ship the wheel until they received the wrong wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually I received the correct wheel, but now continue to tell me they will email me the information I need to return the old wheel and they never do. In short, It's been almost 2 months and I've double paid for the wheel I ordered.

Sorry to rant but I hope no one else has a similar experience with these guys...
Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Just speaking in general terms, usually when I get the wrong part I send it back before I get the right part. Some vendors will send the right part immediately, but I pay for it & then get the refund later (on the wrong one)

This is how most vendors operate.

If you paid by credit card (twice) and now only have one wheel just dispute the 2nd charge with your credit card company.

If you paid twice & have two wheels just follow their instructions to return the unwanted wheel & get your refund.

I think you got things backassward wanting 2 wheels for one payment, and the vendor trusts that you will get around to returning the unwanted wheel, nobody does that.

Maybe I'm all wet, but that's how it's always worked for me.

Last edited by froggy47; 03-29-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hopefully you paid with a credit card. dispute the charge for both with the cc company. they will suspend the charges, won't charge interest on those charges and contact the company on your behalf. in the mean time buy the wheel you want from a reputable company.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Originally Posted by froggy47
If you paid twice & have two wheels just follow their instructions to return the unwanted wheel & get your refund.
That's what I've been waiting on. They keep telling me they will email me the return instructions and then they never do. I call back the next day and get the same response. All I want to do is return the wrong wheel and get refunded for it
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
That's what I've been waiting on. They keep telling me they will email me the return instructions and then they never do. I call back the next day and get the same response. All I want to do is return the wrong wheel and get refunded for it
Could be a problem with the email, do you have an alternate email account to use?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '14

She just sent me the form about a half hour ago. I've been asking for it every day since last Friday. I'm not trying to start a fuss, just warning people that if you need something quick, Vivid let me down
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
She just sent me the form about a half hour ago. I've been asking for it every day since last Friday. I'm not trying to start a fuss, just warning people that if you need something quick, Vivid let me down
Glad it will work out, I know it's frustrating.

Get notified of new replies

To BAD Experience with Vivid Racing!

Quick Reply: BAD Experience with Vivid Racing!