Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do TT starts count for NASA nationals if you want to race?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Do TT starts count for NASA nationals if you want to race?

Getting a slow start to year and no event in July here to hit, just wondering if my 2 TT1 starts count if I want to race in ST1 at nationals?
tried to find answer on NASA web site no luck.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 AM
GAS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In prior years they have allowed you to count two (or it might have been four) of your TT competitions towards the number of events you need to compete at NATS. The theory is they want to see that you PARTICIPATE in NASA and don't just show up at NATS to get on the podium. I think it is a good theory..... They will announce it in the rules as the year goes on but I'll bet you get to count at least a couple.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by GAS
In prior years they have allowed you to count two (or it might have been four) of your TT competitions towards the number of events you need to compete at NATS. The theory is they want to see that you PARTICIPATE in NASA and don't just show up at NATS to get on the podium. I think it is a good theory..... They will announce it in the rules as the year goes on but I'll bet you get to count at least a couple.
Thanks that will help, I don't think they have to worry about me taking up a podium spot but I do want to race and I know I can get 2 in June and 2 in Aug. which would give me 4 race starts and 4 TT starts with 2 more this weekend.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
Thanks that will help, I don't think they have to worry about me taking up a podium spot but I do want to race and I know I can get 2 in June and 2 in Aug. which would give me 4 race starts and 4 TT starts with 2 more this weekend.
Here in the southeast, the director has let racers enter into the lightning race on the weekend, also. So they had 2 races in Thunder and 2 in Lightning, 4 for the weekend. Obviously the lightning race is a "Fun Race" and no points. That way you can double up on the races

Get notified of new replies

To Do TT starts count for NASA nationals if you want to race?

Quick Reply: Do TT starts count for NASA nationals if you want to race?