Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizen Seat and Schroth Profi Harness Install (C5Z)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Vettechris996
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Arizen Seat and Schroth Profi Harness Install (C5Z)

After 2.5 years of autocrossing my C5 Z06 I finally decided it was time to ditch the stock seat and 3 point belt setup while autocrossing in favor of something with a bit more support. Because I use the car on the street as well as autocross I wanted something that was comfortable enough to drive to work and looked as if it was a factory option in the car. That basically left me with two choices, Arizen or Caravaggio. Being on somewhat of a budget, and knowing that the harness pass throughs were at a better height for me (I'm 6' tall) I chose to go with Arizen. So I ordered a LX1 seat from Arizen with suede inserts, black stitching, and a C5Z logo. About two weeks ago the seat was finished and I picked it up after work from Arizen. I chose to go with Arizen sliders and I picked up a Hardbar harness bar used from a forum member. I bought a Schroth Profi 2 harness to complete the setup for autocross use. My first impressions were that everything was extremely well made, the seat looked great and the sliders/rails were all nicely built and finished. The install process was a bit of a pain since the seat belt reel really eats up a lot of room in the car but after a few hours and numerous trial fits I got everything setup how I want it. I used Schroth B23A end fittings mounted to the cross bar on the seat rails to clip the sub belts into and ended up buying a Harbar lap belt bar for the lap belts. I have had a chance to do a few hour long drives in the seat on the street and one autocross event in the new set and so far I love it! Its comfortable enough to use on the street with the factory 3 point belt and the 6 point harness is a huge help when autocrossing! It is a bit more cumbersome to get in an out of but the support is well worth the trade off. I'm very happy with my choice and Mark at Arizen was great to work with! Also a shout out to Gary at Hardbar for getting me the lap belt bar in time for an autocross later that week! Here are a few pictures of the setup:

Factory seat removed:

Seat out of the car, found $0.65 under there from the previous owner!!

Old seat vs. New. Sorry for the poor quality on this one:

New Arizen seat in the car:

Seat with new Profi 2 harness:
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Good looking install ! You are going to love the difference in support offered by the seat. No more pushing the left leg into the door or right leg into console for support !
Old 05-25-2013, 02:20 PM
mnmthoele
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Those seats look fantastic. I was just wondering if the stock belt still lies across the lap at a good location.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:48 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Vettechris996
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnmthoele
Those seats look fantastic. I was just wondering if the stock belt still lies across the lap at a good location.
Yep the lap belt does still lie in a good location. It isn't a super tall/deep seat compared to some of the full race seat options.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Cool. The only thing I don't like about those seats at first glance is they don't have holes for the lap belts to go through and they are just running over the seat.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Vettechris996
Instructor

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Cool. The only thing I don't like about those seats at first glance is they don't have holes for the lap belts to go through and they are just running over the seat.

I believe that these are based on a Recaro pole position shell that is slightly cut down to be a little shorter (among other changes). The height of the sides is basically within the window of where the best pass through was. At least that's my understanding.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM
lmtdconv92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great Chris, Bet you cant wait to try them out at the next AX.

Chris
Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks clean
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have them too ... I think they are closer to what the Sparco Roadster seats were which I don't think are made anymore.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Fulton 1
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks great. Thanks for posting as this is exactly the setup that I'm looking at.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice work!

Get notified of new replies

To Arizen Seat and Schroth Profi Harness Install (C5Z)

Quick Reply: Arizen Seat and Schroth Profi Harness Install (C5Z)