Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need shipper for race chassis transported from UT to TX, my old shipper is no longer

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
raam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need shipper for race chassis transported from UT to TX, my old shipper is no longer

I need to get some better quotes on shipping a fully caged chassis/body, mounted on a really good rotisserie, asap, have a good one let me know, please.

Thanks
Rick
801-829-4997
rick@raamaudio.com
Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

2 things. Make sure they have cargo insurance. Get the insurance certificate from the insurance broker and not the trucking company.

Next, get the DOT number and look up their record on the DOT web site. All their violations will be listed on that site.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Old 05-29-2013, 03:21 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The arrangement you describe sounds a little strange, but engineshipping.com has been excellent for me (cheapest that I have found, good service, zero issues).
They ship anything, I think (I had them ship an engine once and body parts another time).
Old 05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
raam
Instructor

I have a two freight accounts but neither will ship a car, body, chassis, whatever.....and I get great rates from them. I always buy separate insurance, never needed it but buy it just to be safe.

I wish I could use the old shipper from the past, superb, and I used another one once but just cannot recall who it was, great as well.

The chassis is on the rotisserie, he wants it as well so just roll it onto my trailer and take to the terminal, after packing all the other parts inside, wrapping it all up really well, strapping it all nice and snug....should work great.

Good idea on the DOT issue, I have not done so before as did not have to but now I will.

Thanks

Rick
Old 05-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 315 Likes on 270 Posts

you can try uship, but be very careful on who you select. When you write up your request, make sure to include all of the above, request an enclosed trailer, etc. They will often come to your house to load and/or unload.

Using them you will find most of the bids will come from brokers so also check their references--some use quality shippers and some seek the lowest priced regardless of qualifications.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM
raam
Instructor

I have dealt with major carriers, Uship,brokers, etc...and you are right, have to watch out for everything. I had one carrier that started stacking pallets when I paid for floor space and well marked do not pack, they blamed it on a terminal and gave me a discount. The next time they gave me a break on the quote as well so I tried it again but with fake smaller boxes on top, marked with big signs all around, they opened up the shrink wrap, removed the fake boxes and signs and stacked it and caused a few $k in damages, they no longer have my business, obviously.

I only do a few freight shipments a year, really odd thing is I can ship heavy pallets to Asia for less than half way across this country and I have tried many companies, brokers, etc.........

I used Uship once, great local guy, great service and price, I had forgotten about them, to many micro brews over the years???

Get notified of new replies

To Need shipper for race chassis transported from UT to TX, my old shipper is no longer

Quick Reply: Need shipper for race chassis transported from UT to TX, my old shipper is no longer