Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta HPDE pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Road Atlanta HPDE pics

Here's my album of pics from this past weekend. First outing with the Z06, and getting used to the car on the track:
NASA June Jam, HPDE2

Here are a couple:
Name:  kBmAbYvh.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  54ceDI5h.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

RA is alot of fun, going to RA HPDE at end of the month w/Chin. Did Barber last weekend w/Alabama PCA, great weekend.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

Looks like you had some fun!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CGZO6
RA is alot of fun, going to RA HPDE at end of the month w/Chin. Did Barber last weekend w/Alabama PCA, great weekend.
RA is one of my favorites, and close to home!

Since I can't make it to the NASA August event, I was thinking about doing a Chin event instead, have you ran with them before? I've heard you get good track time out with them...

How was Barber? I've raced motorcycles out there before, but have not yet caged it there.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
RA is one of my favorites, and close to home!

Since I can't make it to the NASA August event, I was thinking about doing a Chin event instead, have you ran with them before? I've heard you get good track time out with them...

How was Barber? I've raced motorcycles out there before, but have not yet caged it there.
Chin is Great to run with, most restrictive club I've run with though (safety first). They have 3 run groups - group 1 is novice w/instructor and solo that haven't moved to group 2 (passing in straitaways only), group 2 is advanced solo, group 3 is the fastest group (mostly instructors and passing in the corners is allowed). More track time per day than I can handle, 4 30 min sessions per day and an hour at the end of the day that's open to all run groups. Discovery Parts is usually there if you need to buy a helmet/harness/Hans etc.

Barber is the most Beautiful track in the U.S., Lots of fun in a cage.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see me blurred in the background blue and green stripes! It was a lot of fun.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
I see me blurred in the background blue and green stripes! It was a lot of fun.
You were with Jerry weren't you? Awesome guy, we did a brief lead-follow on Sunday. Gonna see if he can do a DE3 check-ride for me next time. I was pitted across from you all weekend... say hello next time!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Chin is Great to run with, most restrictive club I've run with though (safety first). They have 3 run groups - group 1 is novice w/instructor and solo that haven't moved to group 2 (passing in straitaways only), group 2 is advanced solo, group 3 is the fastest group (mostly instructors and passing in the corners is allowed). More track time per day than I can handle, 4 30 min sessions per day and an hour at the end of the day that's open to all run groups. Discovery Parts is usually there if you need to buy a helmet/harness/Hans etc.

Barber is the most Beautiful track in the U.S., Lots of fun in a cage.
Spot on assessment of CHIN. When you move up-it's a real accomplishment ! My favorite group to run with.

Get notified of new replies

To Road Atlanta HPDE pics

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta HPDE pics