Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS CCW Wheel Setup

Old 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SS CCW Wheel Setup

I know CCW makes a SS specific wheel setup for the C5Z in autocross. Does anyone know the actual reason it's called SS specific (built in different offset, etc)? Thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:05 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ltborg
I know CCW makes a SS specific wheel setup for the C5Z in autocross. Does anyone know the actual reason it's called SS specific (built in different offset, etc)? Thanks.
I believe it has the allowed 1/4 inch offset built in to the wheel so you don't need a spacer.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Originally Posted by froggy47
I believe it has the allowed 1/4 inch offset built in to the wheel so you don't need a spacer.

OK, that makes sense. Do you know if they add the offset front and rear (or do something funky like +0.25 front, -0.25 rear)?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

OK, that makes sense. Do you know if they add the offset front and rear (or do something funky like +0.25 front, -0.25 rear)?
You would want wider both ends IMO, but I don't know for certain. I never had the SS ccw.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IIRC, yes, both ends are offset 1/4" outboard. I have a set and checked the offset when I got them (been several years, 2006). I'd honestly prefer just having the 1/4" at the front. I don't know if they can do that or not.

IMO they're really not worth it though. They look good on the car, but are not any lighter than the OEM wheels. Mine even have TI bolts from back when they were affordable.

Dave G.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lane, I'm not positive but I believe John makes them to Strelnick's old specifications. I bought Erik's old fronts (+1/4, thinned centers, and Ti bolts) off of Lehman. John used to make the autocross centers thinner than he does now and put a disclaimer on them "For autox only" or something like that. Last time I spoke with him he said he won't thin the centers anymore because some track guy might buy them down the road and he was concerned about their survivability on the track curbing.

I'm not sure what the offset of the back wheels were because they are now on the front of Lehman's old SSP Z06 that he sold. Would love to get those back to keep the set together.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Originally Posted by TedDBere
Lane, I'm not positive but I believe John makes them to Strelnick's old specifications. I bought Erik's old fronts (+1/4, thinned centers, and Ti bolts) off of Lehman. John used to make the autocross centers thinner than he does now and put a disclaimer on them "For autox only" or something like that. Last time I spoke with him he said he won't thin the centers anymore because some track guy might buy them down the road and he was concerned about their survivability on the track curbing.

I'm not sure what the offset of the back wheels were because they are now on the front of Lehman's old SSP Z06 that he sold. Would love to get those back to keep the set together.
That's good info to have. Glad to know it wasn't just the offset. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TedDBere

My set came from Erik too.

Get notified of new replies

To SS CCW Wheel Setup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS CCW Wheel Setup