Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z06 Fan Problem looking for a solution

Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Searya
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z06 Fan Problem looking for a solution

I do road racing with my z06 and have been having fan issues. The first was the regular melted plug one and now I have a P1482 Cooling Fan Speed Output Circuit error code.

I have an Dewitts radiator and am not opposed to buying aftermarket fans, extractor hoods, hardwiring a fan to an on off or any other ideas that folks have tried and seen work. I just keep losing track time due to overheating so I am hoping someone can help me out with ideas

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,915 Likes on 5,326 Posts

As long as your speed is over 35 mph the fan isn't running anyways. I can understand the car overheating once you come in from a run and are poking through the paddock. Why not just use a stock fan with stock fan tuning and you will not have issues with burnt connectors? As long as the fan keeps the coolant in the 240 and lower range you shouldn't really have any issues. Once you go out on track again the coolant will drop down until you get things hot. Then it will run at whatever temperature the cooling capacity of your car will allow. My coolant runs about 230 with a stock thermostat, stock fan settings and stock radiator. I monitor my oil temp (which runs about 260) to see how the engine is doing temperature wise.

Bill
Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

C5 or C6?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Searya
Instructor

I am running the stock fan but am not sure about settings. I will have my shop check those.

Is the stock setup what everyone runs? Also, 230-240 seems higher than I would have thought of as normal but maybe I am shooting too low.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Searya
Instructor

Originally Posted by Falcon
C5 or C6?
Sorry it is a C6 2006 Z06.

Get notified of new replies

To z06 Fan Problem looking for a solution

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: z06 Fan Problem looking for a solution