Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 point harness 95 C4

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Default 5 point harness 95 C4

I bouth the installation bar for the front seat strap for my 95, mounting to to the front seat studs proved too long, so I mounted it to the rear seat (front seat rear studs) and it seems to work fine, but it pulls pretty hard on the front seat leather, is this the correct installation. I bought them new but no instructions.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:17 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette95
I bouth the installation bar for the front seat strap for my 95, mounting to to the front seat studs proved too long, so I mounted it to the rear seat (front seat rear studs) and it seems to work fine, but it pulls pretty hard on the front seat leather, is this the correct installation. I bought them new but no instructions.
Assuming that you are talking about the sub strap, it doesn't sound like you have the optimal configuration. The sub belt is intended to keep the lap belt in place and down around the occupants hips. If you have the sub belt wrapped around outside of seat and then back under the seat, it may compress the seat cushion and allow slack in the belt - particularly in a frontal impact.

Although the C-4 seat back are narrower, the same situation could occur wit your shoulder harnesses if they are wrapped around the seat back or integral head rest.

Lots of info and opinions on this in the road racing section - I'm sure others will offer some advice. Remember, harnesses are all about proper geometry and solid anchorage.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks, I know about About the shoulder straps, I fabricated a special part that took care of that thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To 5 point harness 95 C4

Quick Reply: 5 point harness 95 C4