Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coilover adjustments (rear Access)

Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Coilover adjustments (rear Access)

I recently needed to adjust my LG coilovers and one of the extensions on the coilovers twisted off and broke!! This would be the second time I've adjusted them (checked once during install). I bought these brand new so I'm thinking I'm just going to do away with tha headache and try cutting an access hole.

I may be making this too complicated but am I just going to drill a hole straight thru the floor from where the coilovers mounts? I may rout the extensions there but wanted to see if anyone has done this for ease of adjustment.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

My GT-2 coil overs had a set of extention adjusters included with them. I installed them and drilled a small location pilot hole through the fiberglass tub. Then I used a circular hole saw to cut a 1 1/2" hole and let the adjuster stick out into the trunk area. Duct tape to seal the hole from water intrusion. Sure made dialing in the shock firmness easy.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
My GT-2 coil overs had a set of extention adjusters included with them. I installed them and drilled a small location pilot hole through the fiberglass tub. Then I used a circular hole saw to cut a 1 1/2" hole and let the adjuster stick out into the trunk area. Duct tape to seal the hole from water intrusion. Sure made dialing in the shock firmness easy.
Mine are installed that way, but one of them doesn't turn. If I adjust, I have to remove the shock from the bottom, so I can help the adj turn. Needless to say, I leave them on track setting for most of the year which defeats the purpose of the adj. If I did it all over again, I would have done the Pfadts as the adjusters are on the bottom. Good luck with it.

BTW - what are your guys using for front and rear settings?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

LG - GT2 settings that I use for the track are as follows. Working from full soft setting as a base point - Front 7 clicks Rear 5 clicks. With my suspension setup - Kumho V710 tires, Pfadt Poly Bushings and Hotchkiss Sways, these shock hardness settings give me a very neutral handling bias. No over / understeer and no tail dancing around under hard braking.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:39 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Thats what I need to do!

Ill post up pics when I'm done.

Originally Posted by waddisme
Mine are installed that way, but one of them doesn't turn. If I adjust, I have to remove the shock from the bottom, so I can help the adj turn. Needless to say, I leave them on track setting for most of the year which defeats the purpose of the adj. If I did it all over again, I would have done the Pfadts as the adjusters are on the bottom. Good luck with it.

BTW - what are your guys using for front and rear settings?
Dang. See thats what I dont want. After a couple clicks mine twisted off and broke. Seemed like a weeks part anyway.

Here's hoping this works out!

Get notified of new replies

To Coilover adjustments (rear Access)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coilover adjustments (rear Access)