Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ron Davis radiator/oil cooler lines, does it matter which one goes where?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 PM
moespeeds
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ron Davis radiator/oil cooler lines, does it matter which one goes where?

I'm routing the oil lines going from the filter housing to the Ron Davis radiator. They are big fat suckers and it seems like one is slightly longer than the other. I feel like I installed them backwards down at the filter, as the line going to the lower radiator fittings seems just too long. Engine is in and the headers are installed, no way I'm getting to those fittings down at the filter to switch them, does it matter which line goes where? Anyone got pics of how they routed their lines?

TIA
Old 08-09-2013, 08:26 AM
zigspeed10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how much it matters on these types of coolers but I used a DRM block adapter and connected the forward/front port of the adapter to the lower port on the radiator. With the oil flowing in this direction, it will push the air up and out of the cooler.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Front-out-bottom

Randy
Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Front port on the adapter block is the outlet to the cooler. This goes to the bottom port. You want to fill the cooler up from the bottom and out the top. This creates cross-flow whereby the oil and coolant are flowing against each other increasing heat transfer. Oil comes out the top of the cooler and goes back to the rear port on the adapter block and back into the engine to do its job.

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Davis radiator/oil cooler lines, does it matter which one goes where?

Quick Reply: Ron Davis radiator/oil cooler lines, does it matter which one goes where?