Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barber Motorsports Park Nov 2-3 with REZOOM Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:42 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Default Barber Motorsports Park Nov 2-3 with REZOOM Motorsports

Anyone coming besides me?

They limit entries so the traffic is not so bad. $500 for the weekend, $200 for instructors.

This is the only organization that I know of that anyone can sign a waiver, pay $25 and get in a car with an instructor or advanced student.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...B#.UizTGz8qKRM
Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Chump race is going on that weekend at the new AMP. As far as riders, several organizations will let you ride with no fee, only sign the waiver. Also, I instruct with a half dozen promoters and they don't charge the instructors a fee. TracksUnimited will be at Barber Oct. 5th. (no fee for instructors or riders).
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Chump race is going on that weekend at the new AMP. As far as riders, several organizations will let you ride with no fee, only sign the waiver. Also, I instruct with a half dozen promoters and they don't charge the instructors a fee. TracksUnimited will be at Barber Oct. 5th. (no fee for instructors or riders).
Only if you are a student at the event you can ride for free, never seen any organization other than REZOOM let anyone off the street pay $25, sign a waiver put on a lid and get in a car with an instructor or advanced driver.

The reason it costs more is car count is limited I think to 90 cars, much less traffic and hassle.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:56 AM
SPDYC6
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY

They limit entries so the traffic is not so bad. $500 for the weekend, $200 for instructors.

This is the only organization that I know of that anyone can sign a waiver, pay $25 and get in a car with an instructor or advanced student.

There are six of us coming from St. Louis for the weekend. We were down there about 8 years ago and what a great track to run on.
Joe
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
rigit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey fast fat boy, I'll be runnning at NOLA with NASA that weekend. that will be the last event for the year. but you should plan to come run with us over there next year in the spring. its a little cheaper too ($300 for both days).

barber is a blast. I love the elevation changes. you will have a great time.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rigit
hey fast fat boy, I'll be runnning at NOLA with NASA that weekend. that will be the last event for the year. but you should plan to come run with us over there next year in the spring. its a little cheaper too ($300 for both days).

barber is a blast. I love the elevation changes. you will have a great time.
I run at NOLA often, my buddy and I run in the winter months so we will be at NOLA soon, they have lots of DE events there.

I also like Circuit Grand Bayou, fun track.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SPDYC6
There are six of us coming from St. Louis for the weekend. We were down there about 8 years ago and what a great track to run on.
Joe
Joe please look me up, I will be in a Pewter 99 Z28 my name is David. I usually pit on the very bottom all the way to the end to the right up near pit in. Go all the way to the bottom, turn right and go all the way to the end of the paddock.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

a group of us are coming from the St. Louis area...5 cars...(I see Joe already posted about us)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Only if you are a student at the event you can ride for free, never seen any organization other than REZOOM let anyone off the street pay $25, sign a waiver put on a lid and get in a car with an instructor or advanced driver.

The reason it costs more is car count is limited I think to 90 cars, much less traffic and hassle.
Not wishing to point -counterpoint the discussion but there are many event organizers that do this. Among several others, the National Corvette Museum events allow this as does this group:

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm

I spend more time with spectators in my passenger seat than with it empty. In order to keep things nice and tidy inside the vehicle it helps to use the intercom to explain the line of the track so they know where to focus and when. Always look at the color of their face, too. If there is no color, pull into the pits.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Not wishing to point -counterpoint the discussion but there are many event organizers that do this. Among several others, the National Corvette Museum events allow this as does this group:

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm

I spend more time with spectators in my passenger seat than with it empty. In order to keep things nice and tidy inside the vehicle it helps to use the intercom to explain the line of the track so they know where to focus and when. Always look at the color of their face, too. If there is no color, pull into the pits.
I primarily run with NASA, PCA, BMWCAA and none of them allow this. Good to know.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

You guys be careful driving down, may be some bad weather on the way.

BTW Look up Jim N Nicks BBQ, close to the track and the food is good.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

I rode through the pits a couple of times each day hoping one of you guys would flag me down.

What a great weekend, the Radicals and the Indycar were treats to watch.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
tgcounts
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I never miss a Rezoom event at Barbers. They're truly a great bunch of folks. I was there in the Atomic Orange Corvette #00. I posted my best time Saturday and went home pleased. I'll be posting a video on YouTube in the next few days. Hope to see you at the next event! Tom
Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

I was in the pewter 99 Z28, had a ball weather was perfect.

My best was a 1:50.3 in traffic. I was on street tires.

Here is one from a Sunday session.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 11-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Anyone else disappointed with the number of entries at this event?

REZOOM's claim to fame was they limited entries to 90, I guess that went out the window.

So many entries that had to run two intermediate groups, and even with two groups the traffic was terrible.

I doubt I will run with them again, charging instructors $200 and dealing with that traffic..... I may pass on them in the future.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Anyone else disappointed with the number of entries at this event?

REZOOM's claim to fame was they limited entries to 90, I guess that went out the window.

So many entries that had to run two intermediate groups, and even with two groups the traffic was terrible.

I doubt I will run with them again, charging instructors $200 and dealing with that traffic..... I may pass on them in the future.

Just thinking out loud.
The advanced group was fine...plenty of cars to play with (including some Radicals and an Indy car), but plenty of open track also. I didn't realize how much open track time I had until I watched the videos.

Get notified of new replies

To Barber Motorsports Park Nov 2-3 with REZOOM Motorsports

Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gary2KC5
The advanced group was fine...plenty of cars to play with (including some Radicals and an Indy car), but plenty of open track also. I didn't realize how much open track time I had until I watched the videos.
I should have ran with the advanced group but didnt want the stress of watching for the Radicals and the Indycar.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Speaking of video, Radicals, and Indy cars...

my best time was 1:42 with a virtual (?) best of 1:41

If you watch the top video I get to follow the Indycar for about a lap b/c of traffic, (stop the video after that, I should have shorten it), the 2nd video is the Indycar again passing before the cork screw...no traffic it's much shorter.

Last edited by Gary2KC5; 11-13-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Just thinking out loud.
I hope the novices all had good instructors. I don't know any old hands at it that are willing to pay for the privilege to instruct. I certainly won't. Too many organizations that appreciate the instructors and don't charge them for the event.

Quick Reply: Barber Motorsports Park Nov 2-3 with REZOOM Motorsports