Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are some good lap times for the NW region?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:01 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What are some good lap times for the NW region?

Have any of you ran at Pacific Raceways, The Ridge, Portland Internatiol, or Oregon Raceway park?

If so, what do you think is a good lap time for these tracks are in a Corvette or something comparable?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a E92 M3 with r-comps, coilovers etc (fully setup) and about to switch to a Z06.

Ridge - My fastest is a 1:57, a few fast Z06 and GT3s can do ~1:50 ... anything around and below 1:57 is really fast.. anything below a 1:55 is blazing fast.

Pacific - My fastest is a 1:36, .. which is pretty good. anything below a 1:38 is fast.

PIR - Not enough data.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Have any of you ran at Pacific Raceways, The Ridge, Portland Internatiol, or Oregon Raceway park?

If so, what do you think is a good lap time for these tracks are in a Corvette or something comparable?

Really depends on the car set-up and driver skills. Ie stock, modded, heavily modded...

For some perspective:

Pacific - C6 Z51 well modded, R6s, 1:36
C6 Z06 heavily modded, R6s, 1:30

Ridge - C6 Z06 heavily modded, R6s, 1:46

No splitter or wing aero on either of these cars.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimits
Really depends on the car set-up and driver skills. Ie stock, modded, heavily modded...

For some perspective:

Pacific - C6 Z51 well modded, R6s, 1:36
C6 Z06 heavily modded, R6s, 1:30

Ridge - C6 Z06 heavily modded, R6s, 1:46

No splitter or wing aero on either of these cars.
woooo!!! Can't wait to switch to my z06!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:08 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

I think breaking 1:40 in my C5 z will be a good goal to start with at Pacific Raceways!
Maybe 1:52 for the Ridge?
I'm just trying to get an idea
Old 09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PIR: 1:18 dry w/ chicane, A6

PIR: 1:09 dry w/o chicane, A6
Old 09-21-2013, 12:45 AM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

I think breaking 1:40 in my C5 z will be a good goal to start with at Pacific Raceways!
Roughly whats your car configuration - OEM, modded, tires and driver skill level?

Also you may get more responses in the NW section.

Last edited by nolimits; 09-21-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:32 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
PIR: 1:18 dry w/ chicane, A6

PIR: 1:09 dry w/o chicane, A6
DAYUM Nice.work!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

01 Z06
386 whp
Vredestein Sessanta tires
I have made it to only one "open track" so far.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Paul Schmidt
Racer

This was a few years ago.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Roughly whats your car configuration - OEM, modded, tires and driver skill level?

Also you may get more responses in the NW section.

01 Z06
386 whp
Vredestein Sessanta tires
I have made it to only one "open track" so far.

Your goals are admirable, but very lofty, take advantage of the instruction available at events usually. Driving smooth and keeping the car settled are key. Have fun, nothing like open track and room to run !
Old 09-21-2013, 08:07 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

If you are just starting out doing track days, lap times are not anything to worry about. IMHO, it's a good idea to simply ignore lap times until you reach an intermediate level.

At the Ridge, you will benefit by having an instructor ride with you to learn the line. At PR, if the track is wet or even just moist on the back side, be very careful! It's easy to get the car loose with a wet surface and there's not a lot of runoff room (as you can see in the video) .

Learn how your car reacts to steering and brake input, learn the racing line and then gradually work on going faster. For most Novice drivers, the event may require you to have an instructor, especially if it's your first time at a given track. Definitely get an instructor when you go to The Ridge!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
If you are just starting out doing track days, lap times are not anything to worry about. IMHO, it's a good idea to simply ignore lap times until you reach an intermediate level.

At the Ridge, you will benefit by having an instructor ride with you to learn the line. At PR, if the track is wet or even just moist on the back side, be very careful! It's easy to get the car loose with a wet surface and there's not a lot of runoff room (as you can see in the video) .

Learn how your car reacts to steering and brake input, learn the racing line and then gradually work on going faster. For most Novice drivers, the event may require you to have an instructor, especially if it's your first time at a given track. Definitely get an instructor when you go to The Ridge!
About Pacific. It is an exciting, but completely unforgiving track, particularly in the rain. It should have been repaved 5 years ago, so PLEASE, think twice about going ***** out in the rain on this track, particularly as a newby.

Even in dry conditions there are idiosyncrasies that will put you into the wall, or in the trees very quickly.

I learned much from driving at that track, particularly from some great instructors, but I can say that I never felt comfortable there.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:16 PM
cwikstro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I run in the ICSCC race group as did occomsrazor. If you are running a street car, our lap times are not relevenant for you yet.. i gree with C4cruiser and suggest lots of track days and have fun learning. Note, a friend at the NASA HPDE 3 ran 1:38's in his street c5 z06, so that is a fast car for sure. Good luck! ISCSS is at the Ridge next weekend, come check it out.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the replies guys!
I am in no way shape or form going to let a lap time be the decider of my fun at the track or the safety of my instructor and I.
I will be recording my days at the track and would like to study them. I like the GPS devices that display all the data and think that will be cool to see how fast I get since I am too uninterested or chicken to take my eyes off the track and onto my speedometer.
It will be cool to see my skills build and my track time diminish!

Last edited by FruiTay; 09-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
About Pacific. It is an exciting, but completely unforgiving track, particularly in the rain. It should have been repaved 5 years ago, so PLEASE, think twice about going ***** out in the rain on this track, particularly as a newby.

Even in dry conditions there are idiosyncrasies that will put you into the wall, or in the trees very quickly.

I learned much from driving at that track, particularly from some great instructors, but I can say that I never felt comfortable there.

Yes this is true. This track scared the crap out of me coming into turns 3a and 3b. Down hill at full throttle into a tight right-hander followed by a tight left where I fish-tailed some and scared myself again, a little.
This is where I realized power is not something I want but breaks are.
I got myself a brake duct kit from Quantom, better pads and SS brake lines. I also switched the fluid to Castrol SRF

I do NOT have the guts to act crazy at Pacific Raceways or any track.
I appreciate the concern, wisdom and most of all, LAP TIMES!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Oh yeah Pacific is getting some new pavement starting at turn 10 I believe? Its because of the standing water that accumulates when raining.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM
cwikstro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't count on the new pavement, Turn 8 was supposed to be done last winter for us this season, but still same completley shot crap. They really need to spend some money on this track, but seem to just trickle it in.
I looked at my laps at pacific and 1:35 is best time, Ridge 1:53, PIR 1:25 w chicane. Good luck and have fun!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I would think that now that PR has the noise issues solved from the court decision, they should be working on maintenance and improvements. Cutting back some of the trees thru turns 4 thru 5b would seem to make it safer back there especially when the surface is wet.

Isn't their big focus right now on drag strip improvements? Right now the Turn 10 "jog" is part of the drag strip. I thought the eventual intent was to separate the two surfaces.

Get notified of new replies

To What are some good lap times for the NW region?

Quick Reply: What are some good lap times for the NW region?