Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

United SportsCar reveals 2014 calendar

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default United SportsCar reveals 2014 calendar

United SportsCar reveals 2014 calendar
Tony DiZinno Sep 20, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...2014-calendar/

The merged Tudor United SportsCar Championship has, at long last, revealed its 2014 schedule. It features 12 weekends, although all four classes (P, PC, GTLM, GTD) will have an 11-race schedule thanks to a couple scheduling quirks and potential calendar clashes.

Events retained from the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series calendar include: Daytona (24 Hours), Detroit Belle Isle, Watkins Glen (6 Hours) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Those carrying over from the American Le Mans Series calendar include: Sebring (12 Hours), Long Beach, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Mosport, and Virginia International Raceway. Four events have featured on both 2013 calendars: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Road America, Circuit of the Americas in Austin, and Road Atlanta.

That blended schedule has left off only five tracks that featured on the ALMS or GRAND-AM calendars this year: Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, Kansas, Barber, and Baltimore. None of those five being left off is of huge surprise, although Lime Rock has already hosted ALMS this year and will play host to GRAND-AM’s season finale next weekend.

Race distances, other than Daytona’s 24 hours, Sebring’s 12 and Watkins Glen’s 6, all traditional race lengths, were not revealed. It is anticipated that the standard 2-hour, 45-minute race lengths will be retained if not for all, most of the remaining races.

Nine of the 12 weekends will see all four classes, with three exceptions. Long Beach will be P and GTLM only due to a likely lack of available paddock space, Detroit will be P, PC and GTD to allow for GTLM entrants (Corvette, SRT Viper, perhaps others) to participate in the Le Mans test day in France, and Virginia will be separate PC and GTLM/GTD races. While not confirmed, it is likely VIR’s addition to the schedule came as a result of the cancellation of Baltimore’s street race announced earlier this week.

“This is, without a doubt, the best sports car schedule in the history of North America,” said IMSA President and COO Scott Atherton in the official series release. “When we announced the merger plans last year, we immediately envisioned a dream schedule, one that our industry and, most importantly, our fans would embrace. Although it wasn’t easy, we feel like we have arrived at just that. There were so many options to consider and we could have added more events, but we had to ensure that we didn’t over-tax our industry. So, we stuck to our plan of going with the ‘best of the best’ and capped the lineup at 12 events.”

Schedules for all support series in the IMSA family are forthcoming at a later date and will likely include a combination of events on USCC weekends and other facilities with other championships as headliners. Additionally, the rounds that will be part of the North American Endurance Championship have not yet been confirmed.

Your schedule breakdown is below:

2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Schedule

Date Event
Jan 25-26 Daytona International Speedway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Mar 15 Sebring International Raceway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Apr 12 Long Beach Street Circuit (P, GTLM)
May 4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
May 31 Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC, GTD)
Jun 29 Watkins Glen International (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Jul 13 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Jul 25 Indianapolis Motor Speedway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Aug 10 Road America (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Aug 24 Virginia International Raceway (PC one race, GTLM, GTD separate)
Sep 20 Circuit of The Americas (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Oct 4 Road Atlanta (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)

Sent from my iPad
Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 AM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Made it to two AMLS races this year..Road America and Circuit of the Americas. I have to pick my vacation days a year in advance. I am going to try to make it to three United SportsCar events in 2014.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I have Daytona Tickets already and will go back go WGI again. I will probably add COTA.

I am trying to workout going to LeMans too.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

atleast they got rid of stupid baltimore harbor!

Get notified of new replies

To United SportsCar reveals 2014 calendar

Quick Reply: United SportsCar reveals 2014 calendar