Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FIA Rated Seats with C5/C6 Mounting Hardware starting at $779 delivered.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default New FIA Rated Seats with C5/C6 Mounting Hardware starting at $779 delivered.

For those looking for less expensive options on FIA rated seats we will be importing from the manufacturer below. If you look at the "Futura" you can see actual testing video.

http://bimarcoseats.com/category.php?id_category=5

I just received one black Futura (shown in blue above) and one black Grip without logos on them. I can have them made either way depending on preference. It does take about 4 weeks to get seats.

Both of these seats are good for drivers with taller torsos. I have a 38" waist and fit comfortably in both. The "Expert" might be better for thin drivers. I can sell the Grip below INCLUDING fixed mounting hardware for $899 delivered in the 48 states. The Futura will be $779 with hardware. I need to arrange a local test fit before knowing whether either of these is available.

I will post the weights for the seats with mounting hardware soon.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
joenationwide
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looks very nice.
The Futura looks like a copy of my favorite seat, the Cobra Suzuka.

Looking forward to more details on seat and hardware.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

What is the height difference (headroom) compared to the stock seat?

The biggest PIA I found with changing to race seats was finding/modifying a new seat one to match the drivers height/angle of the stock seat.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluefire
What is the height difference (headroom) compared to the stock seat?

The biggest PIA I found with changing to race seats was finding/modifying a new seat one to match the drivers height/angle of the stock seat.
We haven't done an install yet. Since the stock seat is adjustable on both height and back angle it would be hard to compare for someone.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by marrad
We haven't done an install yet. Since the stock seat is adjustable on both height and back angle it would be hard to compare for someone.
I would be interested in knowing how it compares to a "bottomed out" stock seat. Can you please post data after install?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Most of the race seats when on MTI or Hardbar rails will gain 3+" of headroom, picture sitting in the car on a phonebook.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:49 PM
12zo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Going to look at this seat on Friday. I had a great conversation with Mark yesterday regarding this seat option. Mark, I also appreciate all your time explaining the mounting hardware.
Very helpful vendor.

Get notified of new replies

To New FIA Rated Seats with C5/C6 Mounting Hardware starting at $779 delivered.

Quick Reply: New FIA Rated Seats with C5/C6 Mounting Hardware starting at $779 delivered.