Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
dreamscometrue
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C5 suspension setup

My car is used about 80% track (HPDE) and 20% street. The current set up is C5 F45 springs, C6 Z shocks, C5 sways.

Due to some deals and parts laying around I'm thinking about going with a VBP sport front spring, C5 Z rear spring, C6 Z shocks and T1 sway bars. What are thoughts on this set up?

I know the ideal thing would be a complete matched setup from one place but I just wanted to get thoughts on if the above would be a good set up or any combination of the above parts.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Snidley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell off your springs and buy my Pfadt gen 1 coil overs. I loved them on the track. For us non pros, the one dial, 16 point adjustment made it easy to dial in.

$1100 including the Delrin top bushings. I'll even ship them for free.

Steve
Sneidley@gmail.com
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

VBP makes great springs, and the T1 bars are also a good easy choice. However, Coilovers have gotten pretty affordable, and ultimately offer more adjustability.

I wish you were closer, having someone familiar with your car, and scales, really makes things go smoother.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM
dreamscometrue
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Coil overs would be ideal but just trying some things with parts I have around. I've read that with thick sways a softer spring would be better. Or with softer springs a thick sway bar. Any truth to this?

Get notified of new replies

To C5 suspension setup

Quick Reply: C5 suspension setup