Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC area/Northern VA and MD vette guys, I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
jake07Z06
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default DC area/Northern VA and MD vette guys, I need your help!

Hello every body, I'm new to the DC area and am trying to find a shop that sells racing seats, specifically Sparco, Recaro, or Corbeaus. My Google searching has turned up OG Racing in Sterling, Va but not much else. I would prefer a shop that has some seats on hand so I can fit myself to a seat. I'm also open to any suggestions as far as specific seats are concerned, I'm 6'3" 205lbs with a 33-34" waist and wear a 44 jacket. Any help will be much appreciated. Also anyone interested in buying stock C5 Z06 seats locally pm me.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jake07Z06
Hello every body, I'm new to the DC area and am trying to find a shop that sells racing seats, specifically Sparco, Recaro, or Corbeaus. My Google searching has turned up OG Racing in Sterling, Va but not much else. I would prefer a shop that has some seats on hand so I can fit myself to a seat. I'm also open to any suggestions as far as specific seats are concerned, I'm 6'3" 205lbs with a 33-34" waist and wear a 44 jacket. Any help will be much appreciated. Also anyone interested in buying stock C5 Z06 seats locally pm me.
OG Racing has a variety of seats on the showroom floor and I'd bet there are even more back in the warehouse. They are very helpful, give them a try.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
joenationwide
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwg2
OG Racing has a variety of seats on the showroom floor and I'd bet there are even more back in the warehouse. They are very helpful, give them a try.
OG Racing is the only place you need to know!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

isnt the sparco evo 2 the go-to for bigger drivers?

btw the og racing website has a live chat/helpline where they can give recommendations and find out whats in stock before making the drive

Old 10-03-2013, 01:39 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

OG Racing is great... drove up there years ago to test fit Sparco Roadsters for an old dual-purpose car.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for OG racing. They have a bunch of seats sitting out in their showroom. I'm a "bigger" guy as well, and use the Sparco Evo 2 Plus.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
jake07Z06
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow! Thanks for the quick replies everyone! Looks like I'll be going to OG after all! I've always liked the sparco evos. However, I also like the idea of being able to chose a leather and or suede option like the recaro pole position and corbeau a4 offer, in order to keep a somewhat factory feel to the interior.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys are also good:

http://www.pipermotorsport.com

Cheers, Jim

Get notified of new replies

To DC area/Northern VA and MD vette guys, I need your help!

Quick Reply: DC area/Northern VA and MD vette guys, I need your help!