Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's running Lg's differential and oil cooler?

Old 10-30-2013, 02:54 AM
Paul Schmidt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who's running Lg's differential and oil cooler?

I'm getting ready for the next phase of my build. Motor is in and the suspension is about to be finished up. I put in sphericals and the rear suspension is all out. This would be a great time to get to the differential and transmission if I need to. I have been looking for sometime now at different set ups. I want the system to be mechanical and not electrical pumps and I also want to run it out the rear license plate. I keep coming back to LG's system. My questions are.

1. Do you need to remove the differential out of the car to install Lg's system?

2.What's involved on the install to the differential it's self.

3. How difficult is it.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I am running it and love it. Never have to worry about if it's working or not. Diff and tranny fluids are constantly cooled. You have to remove the diff and swap the pinion nut to the one LG provides to drive the pumps. It will take a dealer or shop with a big torque wrench to get it done. Takes about 350 ft-lbs torque on the nut. I ran all the lines and coolers myself and that is straightforward if you are mechanical. Make sure to run the diff cooler through the pump closest to the diff.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM
parsonsj
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

C6 Z06/ZR1 have mechanical pumps from the factory, so you only need the heat exchangers and plumbing if you have one of those models.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Paul Schmidt
Racer

Originally Posted by redtopz
Make sure to run the diff cooler through the pump closest to the diff.
I read that here. Here's the quote.

"you need a special tool to remove and replace the pinion ring. Generally only differential repair shops will have it. And just one other thing to be aware of, the inside pump (closest to the differential) must be used for the diff fluid because that pump has no seal on the shaft and will leak fluid into the diff. If you were to assume it didn't make any difference which pump pumped trans fluid and which one pumped diff fluid you might find all your trans fluid eventually pumped into your differential and out all over the back of your car"

I'll keep updates as I go along.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Paul Schmidt
Racer

Originally Posted by parsonsj
C6 Z06/ZR1 have mechanical pumps from the factory, so you only need the heat exchangers and plumbing if you have one of those models.
Just a 2000 coupe....Armed with a LS3 and a Dailey drysump.

Get notified of new replies

To Who's running Lg's differential and oil cooler?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's running Lg's differential and oil cooler?