Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Harness With Corbeau A4s in C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:46 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Default Racing Harness With Corbeau A4s in C6

Hello,

I am in the process of installing Corbeau A4s in my C6. After positioning the seats I'm looking at where the rear of the sliders mount to the floor and I can't see how I would be able to attach the harness. I have a steel bar that spans the width of the seats and mounts to the rear bolts. This has provisions for the harness ends to attach. It worked well with the stock seats but the A4s are built up thicker in the rear and I can't see the bar fitting, especially with the harness ends attached.

So my question is, for those who are running a harness with the A4s, how are you attaching the harness?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I have Corbeau seats in my Z06...I think they are FX1's though.

Anyway, they have the lap belts bolted to the steel seat mounting bracket. The shoulder straps are secured with a belt harness bar made for the Z06.

The weak link in that setup is the four bolts that attach the fiberglass seat frame to the steel mounting bracket.

I'm thinking something that tied the lap belts to the actual seat mounting bolts would be better.

Quick Reply: Racing Harness With Corbeau A4s in C6