Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter mods: Do I need new springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Winter mods: Do I need new springs?

Hi all!

Winter has arrived in MI and I'm in the mood for mods! My LS2 conversion has survived it's first HPDE season; very happy with the new power mill! One thing I did experience while on the track was a drop off in the 5500-5700rpm range while on throttle. This also showed up in the final dyno run during the test and tune (see dyno sheet).
I'm running a comp cam XR269HR with .525 intake and .532 exhaust along with the Comp RPM cam kit #54050, springs good to .600 lift. I've been told that the power dip is due to spring harmonics, and that this particular spring set isn't the right one for my cam. If this is true, then what's the right spring set? Could there be another reason for this power loss in this particular rpm range? All answers appreciated!
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

You're sure that's no KR? Whatever it is prevents the power from climbing higher than before the dip.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
You're sure that's no KR? Whatever it is prevents the power from climbing higher than before the dip.
Not sure, but why would it show up there as apposed to farther down the rev range? I'm assuming you mean Knock Retard...?

Get notified of new replies

To Winter mods: Do I need new springs?

Quick Reply: Winter mods: Do I need new springs?