Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood Brake Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:55 AM
huskerhank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wilwood Brake Installation Help

I am upgrading the brakes on my 03 Z06 to the Wilwood Superlites. Here is my problem. They send you zero instructions and the ones on their website are not exactly what I have. I am having issues with the caliper bracket. No matter how I try to put it on, it will not fit on the rotor correctly. The only way I got it to fit right, was to put the bracket bolts into the bracket then mount the bracket on the back of the caliper mounting ears. Fun fact, the bolts will not go all the way thru the Wilwood bracket so this will not work. Please help if you have put these on before. I cannot post pictures so hopefully I have described it well enough. Thank you for your help.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:18 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

All Wilwood brake kits come with about four pages of instructions, notes, and even install photos. It's the same as the PDF link on the kits part number page. Go to Wilwood.com and in the search engine enter the kit part number: 140-xxxx based upon the kit you have. You can omit the D or R or DR as this simply denotes drilled, red etc.

Once you find the page with the kit number click on any of the selections (based on D, R, DR as they are all the same) From there you will find the pdf in the lower right hand corner. Click that and it will open the full printed materials for the kit explaining in detail all the installation notes.

Here's a link to the 13" kit. PDF as the 14 is the same only a larger rotor and spacer for the caliper mount.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
huskerhank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your reply. These brakes did not come with any instructions and the website does not have a link for these particular ones, I tried that last night, and I double checked after your post.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:35 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by huskerhank
Thank you for your reply. These brakes did not come with any instructions and the website does not have a link for these particular ones, I tried that last night, and I double checked after your post.
I tried.

What you have then is likely not a "Wilwood" kit but something from a supplier using Wilwood calipers...not a bad thing, just that it leaves you hanging at times.

All the true Wilwood kits will have a bracket part number also such as 250-xxxx milled into it also. Sometimes I can cross ref from that number if it has one. My guess is probably not.

I'd suggest you contact the company you purchased it from and see what they can show/tell you.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Brackets are side specific right?

Get notified of new replies

To Wilwood Brake Installation Help

Quick Reply: Wilwood Brake Installation Help