Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accusump Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:33 AM
marco383
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Accusump Problem

The 3 quart Accusump on my C5 has developed a glitch that has me stumped. The unit is equipped with a manual shutoff valve, and until now, the pressure gauge showed the engine oil pressure (minus the 7 psi air preload) on startup. No longer. The unit is 8 years old and has never been removed for cleaning. Stuck piston?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Have you tried re-doing the precharge step. IIRC, to charge it to 50 lbs and then bleed it down to the 10lb range. Seems like I had to do mine like that a couple of years ago.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default stuck piston is right!

Originally Posted by marco383
The 3 quart Accusump on my C5 has developed a glitch that has me stumped. The unit is equipped with a manual shutoff valve, and until now, the pressure gauge showed the engine oil pressure (minus the 7 psi air preload) on startup. No longer. The unit is 8 years old and has never been removed for cleaning. Stuck piston?
The piston on my three quart Accusump gets stuck a lot. I located mine behind in the back just under the hatch near my seat. This way I can keep my eye on the pressure, prior to starting my engine. If I had located in the fender well, I'd never know these have issues. Their design of the o-ringed piston has a lot to be desired. Fortunately, I have a 36 inch ss braided line that directs the relief valve to the ground-- otherwise I'd have oil all over the inside of my car.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM
CantonRacingProducts
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marco383
Marco,
Give us a call and ask for Bob. We either haven't heard this issue before or we are misunderstanding the issue. Either way we want to help you rectify it.

Canton Racing Products

Get notified of new replies

To Accusump Problem

Quick Reply: Accusump Problem