Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Ramps RR-TR-9-FLP trailer ramps 50% off MSRP - Scratch & Dent Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 03:01 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Race Ramps RR-TR-9-FLP trailer ramps 50% off MSRP - Scratch & Dent Special

I have one set of the new RR-TR-9-FLP trailer ramps which were damaged in shipping. This ramp model is 95" long and has two pieces per side. The ramps are shipped in two boxes. One side of the ramps are in excellent condition. Both pieces of the second side were crushed at the point where the ramps interlock. The black coating on the ramps is not torn.

The damage is barely noticeable when the ramps are assembled. The 9" high ramps have the same incline angle as the shorter RR-TR-7-FLP ramps. But since they are 2" higher, they reduce the breakover angle of the trailer door (or ramps on an open trailer) on trailers with relatively high trailer decks.

MSRP is $499 plus shipping. This set (4 pieces) is available for $249 including shipping.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...89&id=34369928
Attached Images     
Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

That is a great deal. I have a slightly longer version of these that I use for my Radical and they work great. These make loading a car with low ground clearnace easy (my car only has 2 inches of ground clearance). Those little dents are not going to be an issue at all.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:11 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

LTP RR-TR-9-FLP ramps SOLD!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:23 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Thank you for posting the photos of the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps. The photos make it easy to visualize the value proposition of the Progressive Incline design with a curved top surface.

At first glance the specs for the RR-TR-9-FLP ramps seem fairly close to the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps.

The RR-TR-9-FLP ramps are 95" long and the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps are 114" long.

Both ramps are 9" high. The RR-TR-9-FLP ramps are 9" high with the trailer door flap in place.

Both ramps have two sections per side and are 14" wide.

The biggest difference is that the RR-TR-9-FLP ramps have a constant slope of 5.5 degrees, whereas the incline on the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps starts at 2.6 degrees and gradually increases to 7 degrees.

If the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps had a constant slope of 2.6 degrees they would be about 77" longer. Which makes sense since 2.6 degrees is about half the incline of the RR-TR-9-FLP ramps. So, you would expect the length to be about twice as much for the ramp with the more shallow slope. But, because of the curved top, the ramp is only 19" longer than the constant incline ramp with twice the incline angle.

Why is this important? Because a car with 2" of ground clearance can't make it up a ramp with a 5.5 degree incline.

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
That is a great deal. I have a slightly longer version of these that I use for my Radical and they work great. These make loading a car with low ground clearnace easy (my car only has 2 inches of ground clearance). Those little dents are not going to be an issue at all.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:11 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for great deal Fred. They arrived just when you said they would and are just what I was looking for. While they have the blemishes noted, they will work perfectly for me and the damage won't impact their ability to function. And I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, even after the sale. I'm looking forward to using them.

Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Ramps RR-TR-9-FLP trailer ramps 50% off MSRP - Scratch & Dent Special

Quick Reply: Race Ramps RR-TR-9-FLP trailer ramps 50% off MSRP - Scratch & Dent Special