Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial washer stack for Hardbar Camlock kit?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Initial washer stack for Hardbar Camlock kit?

Hey all I'm in the middle of installing my Hardbar camlock kit. Does anyone have a baseline on how to install this thing for both track alignment and street alignment? The kit seems a bit confusing...
Old 03-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
Hey all I'm in the middle of installing my Hardbar camlock kit. Does anyone have a baseline on how to install this thing for both track alignment and street alignment? The kit seems a bit confusing...
Can you provide more details on your issue?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Do you mean Camber Kit?

If yes, the different shims are how you set the camber YOU want. There is no correct shim to use, it's what you want.

If it's not this, please provide more detailed question.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Yes the Hardbar camlock kit that includes studs and washers for the uppers. How many washers between the upper control arm and the frame? Like does each washer add or subtract 0.5 degree or is it completely experimental.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:42 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

It all depends on what you want your camber to be. As said before, please provide the info on what your alignment to be and the guys with experience can help.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

I just installed pfadt swaybars and pfadt inverted adjustable shocks. The car is dual purpose; hpde and road trips . Can you guys recommend both a street and track alignment? I have r compounds for the track 315/35/17 on 17" CCW classics. I do have a long acre camber gauge but I'd love a starting point.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
I just installed pfadt swaybars and pfadt inverted adjustable shocks. The car is dual purpose; hpde and road trips . Can you guys recommend both a street and track alignment? I have r compounds for the track 315/35/17 on 17" CCW classics. I do have a long acre camber gauge but I'd love a starting point.
ok here is where to start
move the lowers all the way out with the camber plates.
leave one washer under each upper stud.
that is your track setup (max camber) now use the shims in the upper control arms to reduce camber to street (about 1 degree) then make the shims as to how many and where the are ( I used shrink wrap over the top to make packs) set your street toe now.
When you get to the track take the shims out and make sure you know which ones go where.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:34 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Hardbar camber kit with the Phoenix Delrin UCA bushings and pivots. The pivots are asymmetrical like the Pfadts so their position also affects camber.

I am adding three washers and rotating the pivots to go from track (-2.0-deg camber) to street (-1.0-deg). To keep the same toe I need to lengthen the tie rod ends 2.75 turns on each side.

Ride height affects camber and camber affects toe, so my setting will be different than yours. Essentially I am running 3 washers for track and 6 for street with the pivot flip. An extra washer on some studs was needed to even things out.

With fewer washers I was able to get -2.7-deg of camber but tire temps showed that was too much on the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Initial washer stack for Hardbar Camlock kit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Initial washer stack for Hardbar Camlock kit?