Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotchkis Swaybars Mini-review

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Hotchkis Swaybars Mini-review

This weekend I installed a set of Hotchkis Swaybars that I purchased from a fellow (& awesome ) forum member.

- I already have the LG GT2 coilovers.
- Running a 3* Camber with HB Camber kit
- MPSS Tires
- I am running the rear swaybar on the middle setting

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. Visually the hotchkis bars look very similar to stock Z06 bars so I wasn't really expecting to feel a huge difference. Boy was I wrong. The swaybars have made a very noticeable difference in handling. I am able to put the power down better now, the rear doesn't step out on throttle as much and the car corners much flatter in turns. It felt great to be honest.

I have a trackday coming up on Friday so I'll post up my track feedback this weekend.

I'm glad I first installed coilovers and then a few weeks later installed swaybars so I can definitely confirm that first, coilovers made a huge difference and then swaybars incrementally made a big difference over and on-top-of coilovers!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
This weekend I installed a set of Hotchkis Swaybars that I purchased from a fellow (& awesome ) forum member.

- I already have the LG GT2 coilovers.
- Running a 3* Camber with HB Camber kit
- MPSS Tires
- I am running the rear swaybar on the middle setting

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. Visually the hotchkis bars look very similar to stock Z06 bars so I wasn't really expecting to feel a huge difference. Boy was I wrong. The swaybars have made a very noticeable difference in handling. I am able to put the power down better now, the rear doesn't step out on throttle as much and the car corners much flatter in turns. It felt great to be honest.

I have a trackday coming up on Friday so I'll post up my track feedback this weekend.

I'm glad I first installed coilovers and then a few weeks later installed swaybars so I can definitely confirm that first, coilovers made a huge difference and then swaybars incrementally made a big difference over and on-top-of coilovers!
Buying new parts is cool but FINALLY getting them installed is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!
Often times I hear that Coilovers don't make too much of a difference in Corvettes, I'm happy you like them.
Hope to catch you at the track so you can tell me all about 'em

Last edited by FruiTay; 03-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Buying new parts is cool but FINALLY getting them installed is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!
Often times I hear that Coilovers don't make too much of a difference in Corvettes, I'm happy you like them.
Hope to catch you at the track so you can tell me all about 'em

yeah I got that from the previous owner of my Z06 ... however I can tell you, for me, coilovers + Sways have made a night and day difference in crispness, handling and the planted, glued to the road feeling.. I have Pfadt engine and tranny mounts sitting my garage and will be installing them one day. Then the only other handling mod I need to do is to get the LG Monoball control arms..
Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Try the Hotchkisses on the outside hole and see what you think.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Looking forward to your before and after impressions after you've gone to the track. Also curious to see what kind of improvement in track times you have.

Get notified of new replies

To Hotchkis Swaybars Mini-review

Quick Reply: Hotchkis Swaybars Mini-review