Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laguna 90db day

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:00 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Laguna 90db day

Thought I'd report back for those interested how our beloved c6z's fared at Laguna with the new 90db sound limits.

I was there Saturday, which was the second day of a two-day event with Golden Gate Lotus Club. There were at least five c6z's, one c7, a couple of vipers, a McLaren, and of course, lots of Lotuses (Loti?).

Most of the vette guys reported flunking sound the day before, so many of them were tie-wrapping their valves shut in hopes of passing sound. I had modified my valves so they were controlled by a shift **** switch (courtesy of LG), but basically the same idea.

After a couple of warmup laps, I shut the valves as I entered T5 braking zone, downshifted, and then floored the go pedal on T5 exit.....no meatball flag! Next few laps were the same, but unfortunately, that's all I got in as my brakes let go prior to the end of that first session.

However, I hung around for the next few sessions and it seemed the guys who tied their valves shut were passing sound as well. Later on some of them were looking for tools to cut off the ties that were melting due to the exhaust heat, so something more heat resistant would work well, but the good news is that shutting the valves seems to pass the 90db sound limit!

So all you track rats with c6z's, shut your valves at the sound station and continue to have fun at Laguna!

Quick Reply: Laguna 90db day