Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lgm

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Lgm

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...43678-lgm.html
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi guys,

Here is the same answer I put on the C7 tech form:

we had the 2014 C7 out to Motorsports ranch last weekend testing some things and here are the results of our Transmission cooling test.

The car had our Coil over shock package for the C7 plus our LG Big bars, sway bar kit plus of course our LG pro Long tube headers, a small LG G7 X1 cam, Super cool radiator and Carbon Splitter and Rocker ground effects.

The car did a 1:19.2 for a lap time.

Hey Guys,

The Paddle shift transmission overheating problem is a thing of the past. Our kit will be available in production in about 8-10 weeks but for now, we can build special order kits if you are heading to the track soon.

OK Back on topic. The car is a 2014 C7 with the normal 6 speed Auto. When we took it to Texas Motor Speedway for the Lone Star CorvetteClassic, the transmission temps would be so high the car would stop shifting and it would go into Limp home mode and tell you to "Cool the Transmission".

So to solve that issue, we built a special transmission oil pan that holds more fluid than stock PLUS we had a new transmission cooler built that is a more conventional heat exchanger, like the car radiator.

These two things allowed me to run the whole session at will and the transmission temps never went over 260 degrees. It fits in the stock location.

So our Cooler solution is enough to allow anyone with a Paddle shift, 2014 C7 to go to the track without worrying. I hear the C7 Z06 also has cooling issues. No worries, we can handle it.

Now for the shifting. Yes there is a delay. it is nothing that you can not plan for but it is about a half second delay. I got use to it and it was not an issue. once the shift was activated, it is a quick and solid shift.

Down shifts did not allow you to just pick a lower gear and engage it quickly. The car needed the road speed to be in the range that the PCM allowed. I think we can widen the road speed range a little but for now the car was drivable as is. Going into a 2nd gear corner, downshifting from 3rd, mandated that the road speed be closer (Lower) to what I was going to take the corner at.

At the end of the straight, once again, the only issue was that the car vehicle speed had to be closer to the range that 2nd gear was designed to function at. Again, it was easy to get use to.

thanks guys,

Lou Gigliotti

Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Awesome - great to hear that y'all have come up with a solution! I did not know that your '14 C7 was an A6.

Get notified of new replies

To Lgm

Quick Reply: Lgm