Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear LCA re-install - VB&P Poly Bushings

Old 10-26-2014, 02:25 PM
DannyBoyC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear LCA re-install - VB&P Poly Bushings

Guys, I am reading some posts regarding grinding the front cradle of the rear LCA mount. I've also read some comments about shaving the front poly bushing of the rear LCA to get a good fit (mostly comments about the Pfadt poly kit, I have the VB&P kit since Pfadt is a goner).

Anyone have some advise on the best way to reinstall the arms? I couldn't get either side of the car done -- the front knuckle just doesn't want to fit into the cradle with the VB&P kit as it is. I feel like I have the new bushings / caps pressed tight and there isn't anything to reduce at this point.

Thanks!
Dan

Last edited by DannyBoyC6; 10-26-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I would test fit each new bushing to make sure they fit inside the cradle before pressing them into the control arms. You might have to shave down some of them on the inside to fit. If they don't fit after pressing in the control arms then you might have to shave down the outside of one of the bushings. I would not grind on the cradle.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyBoyC6
Guys, I am reading some posts regarding grinding the front cradle of the rear LCA mount. I've also read some comments about shaving the front poly bushing of the rear LCA to get a good fit (mostly comments about the Pfadt poly kit, I have the VB&P kit since Pfadt is a goner).

Anyone have some advise on the best way to reinstall the arms? I couldn't get either side of the car done -- the front knuckle just doesn't want to fit into the cradle with the VB&P kit as it is. I feel like I have the new bushings / caps pressed tight and there isn't anything to reduce at this point.

Thanks!
Dan
Sounds like a call to VB&P is in order. There could be something wrong or they may have some helpful advice.

Bill
Old 10-27-2014, 02:19 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

If you can, find some bushings that fit. Compare dimensions. Maybe someone on this thread has a set out of the car & can measure/compare.

Call vbp

Get notified of new replies

To Rear LCA re-install - VB&P Poly Bushings

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear LCA re-install - VB&P Poly Bushings