Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackday rungroup self assessment

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Trackday rungroup self assessment

Old 01-02-2015, 09:19 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Funny to watch; not so funny in real life.

I imagine that far too many instructors have "students" like this.

As a 59 year old newbie on the track, I greatly appreciate the brave souls who volunteer their time and trust their lives with me to help me learn to drive.

Each of my five instructors so far have been helpful and patient. God bless ' em!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

That's a good video, too funny! It had to be made by an instructor who has BT/DT, seen it all.

Student: I need to be moved to the fastest run group. My group is to slow. I'm driving a Porshe GT2 modified to over 600 hp. My Twitter handle is luckyspeedmaster

Instructor: I was behind you in the last session in a white Mazda Miata, did you see me? I caught up to you and was stuck behind you for 3 laps. You never gave a point by, why not?

Student: My race tires were heat cycled and the shock settings were way off. I didn't point you by because I assumed you would crash in front of me and burst into flames.

Instuctor: After watching your lines I think there is room for improvement.

Student: I removed the front passenger seat to make room for my HD cameras. I have 900 followers on twitter waiting for my video. it will then probably go viral.

Instructor: There were six other cars that caught up to you, including my other student who was driving a Ford Focus.

Student: I don't see any other instuctors here with 600 hp cars. I have a new MaClaren on order.

Instuctor: Sorry, but I can't move you up.

Student: I demand a full refund, plus my expenses. I belong to all the major internet car forums and will be posting a negative review of your organization. You can expect a call from my attorney in the morning.

Get notified of new replies

To Trackday rungroup self assessment

Quick Reply: Trackday rungroup self assessment