Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important Check your Hardbar T1 AP Racing Bracket I Had mine CRACKED.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Patane
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important Check your Hardbar T1 AP Racing Bracket I Had mine CRACKED.

I bought the C5Z of SebDavid a forum member here.
After a Day at Le circuit Mont Tremblant (A Fast circuit here in Canada) i found that My Hardbar T1 brackets where cracked. I was shocked, Imagine what could happened ?
So i suggest that if you own a AP T1 KIT TO Inspect it asap.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:33 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Gents,
I agree that it's probably a good idea to check your Hardbar brackets.

To be clear....this is only for the original T1 kits sold by Hardbar 3-4 years ago. This does NOT impact owners of the Essex Sprint Kit. We (Essex Parts Services) created our own internal, clean-sheet kit design. Our design has different materials, fasteners, etc., with different brackets and hats, and also seats the caliper down more closely on the bracket through the use of shorter caliper bosses (the stainless steel bits on the bottom of the caliper). The only thing in common between the two kits is the basic caliper body. Everything else is completely different.

For reference, the pics below are the brackets that come in our Essex Sprint Kit. The odds of our brackets failing are infinitesimal...we've never had it happen, nor do we expect to. We use the same basic design, processes, and materials that we use in pro racing, up to and including NASCAR Sprint Cup. I just wanted to be clear about this.

Finally, if you have a Hardbar T1 Kit and are interested in upgrading to one of our Essex Designed AP Racing Competition Big Brake Kits, please contact us and we'll work you a good deal on some new hardware. While we had/have no control over what others produce, we are AP Racing's competition parts representative in North America. As such, we want people to have a positive experience with AP Racing brakes.

Thanks.

Last edited by JRitt@essex; 02-10-2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added info

Quick Reply: Important Check your Hardbar T1 AP Racing Bracket I Had mine CRACKED.