Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Z06 springs on base C6 F55 Mag ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Installed Z06 springs on base C6 F55 Mag ride

Just wanted to share with you.

I installed Z06 springs, both front and rear, on my base C6 coupe with F55 Magnetic Ride.

Feels like a completely different car. Little to no body roll at all now, at least on the street.

Only drove it for 10 minutes so far. I also have Pfadt light rate racing sway bars that have been on the car for over 4 years.

While putting my front sway bar back together I added 2 more washers to the mounting poly-bushings because it was near impossible to turn by hand and now my steering from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock is super twitchy. I'll need to take out one of the washers on each side, I think that should fix that problem.

I'll be doing an HPDE at the NCM Motorsports Park in April with 10/10ths, so I can report back here on how things feel with the new springs on a roadcourse.

If it works out well, and I think it will, I think it will be the single best upgrade to a base car with mag ride.

I have a feeling I might have some oversteer issues, and might have to put the rear spring back in, but we'll see. After driving around the streets for the next few weeks, maybe I'll soften up my front sway bar one notch and see if that helps.

Anyone else done this ?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
Just wanted to share with you.

I installed Z06 springs, both front and rear, on my base C6 coupe with F55 Magnetic Ride.

Feels like a completely different car. Little to no body roll at all now, at least on the street.

Only drove it for 10 minutes so far. I also have Pfadt light rate racing sway bars that have been on the car for over 4 years.

While putting my front sway bar back together I added 2 more washers to the mounting poly-bushings because it was near impossible to turn by hand and now my steering from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock is super twitchy. I'll need to take out one of the washers on each side, I think that should fix that problem.

I'll be doing an HPDE at the NCM Motorsports Park in April with 10/10ths, so I can report back here on how things feel with the new springs on a roadcourse.

If it works out well, and I think it will, I think it will be the single best upgrade to a base car with mag ride.

I have a feeling I might have some oversteer issues, and might have to put the rear spring back in, but we'll see. After driving around the streets for the next few weeks, maybe I'll soften up my front sway bar one notch and see if that helps.

Anyone else done this ?
I put z06 springs on my 2008 Z51 and it has been fantastic on the track.... But I also added a few other Z06 parts ... Like, body panels, wheels, tires, sway bars, and shocks. It was a big improvement, but if I were going to do it again I would have gone directly to coil overs.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:36 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

I got to go for about a 1 hour drive today with my new setup.

Pretty much perfect suspension now. In touring mode, there is still a slight about of body sway on bumps and when braking. In Sport mode there is zero!

Overall, definitely stiffer than stock but hardly any harshness at all, the magnetic shocks keep with the Z06 springs just fine.

It's now perfect for the street, just waiting to see how it handles when pushed hard on the track.......In April at NCM Motorsports park.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
[...] While putting my front sway bar back together I added 2 more washers to the mounting poly-bushings because it was near impossible to turn by hand and now my steering from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock is super twitchy. I'll need to take out one of the washers on each side, I think that should fix that problem. [...]
If you don't already have them, you might try adjustable end links to make sure the bars (front and rear) aren't jacking any weight onto any one particular wheel.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:57 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mark2009
If you don't already have them, you might try adjustable end links to make sure the bars (front and rear) aren't jacking any weight onto any one particular wheel.
Thanks for the input but i was right in just taking out only 1 washer from the rear mount only of the poly bushing mounts. there was a little free floating play so now the sway bar is perfect. When i stated i couldnt turn the sway bar at all previously...that was with both end links disconnected. So my poly bushings were over squeezing the sway bar.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Z06 springs on base C6 F55 Mag ride

Quick Reply: Installed Z06 springs on base C6 F55 Mag ride