Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Evo L in a C5??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
mueller54
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sparco Evo L in a C5??

Wondering if anyone had success in fitting an Evo L (the mid size version) in a C5? I know these cars will only accomodate certain seats, and Saferacer informed me they would not take it back if I determined it would not work. From reading other posts, I believe the small version fits, the large version does not, but I don't know if you can fit the medium. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the regular size version on the divers side and an XL on the passenger side - should be no problem for you.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:45 PM
REVHARD
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mueller54
Wondering if anyone had success in fitting an Evo L (the mid size version) in a C5? I know these cars will only accomodate certain seats, and Saferacer informed me they would not take it back if I determined it would not work. From reading other posts, I believe the small version fits, the large version does not, but I don't know if you can fit the medium. Thanks for your help!
I run this seat on MTI brackets in my C5 Z...fits just fine
Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mueller54
I would say that it depends on the length of your legs. If the seat will be installed far back it should fit. If you have short legs and need to move the seat forward, it is likely to rub with the center console and will not fit especially if you still have the carpets. In all cases this will be a tight fit and you'll be cursing a number of times before you get it in!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:05 PM
csamsh
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is TIGHT between the thigh bolster and the tunnel but they go in there. I just put the new seat cover with the white piping on the driver's seat and had to unbolt it in order to get the old cover's cable out from between the tunnel and bolster. These are Evo2's.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have XLs on both driver and passenger sides. No issues.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:31 PM
0JDP Tech
Former Vendor

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I put a pair in my C4 Auto-X car. They needed trimming on both sides at the front bottom corners. I pulled the cover back into place (making sure to smooth the fiberglass not to tear the cover) when done and could not tell it was not stock, mine had a small spring that attached to the material pulling the cover tight.

Hope that helps

Best regards,

Ralph
888-308-6007
Sales@jdpmotorsports.com

Get notified of new replies

To Sparco Evo L in a C5??

Quick Reply: Sparco Evo L in a C5??