Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Ride Height????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Jeredk21
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Stock Ride Height????

OK so I have a 98 C5 with a whole bunch of upgrades done this winter. I need to really work on my ride height. When I bought the car it was already lowered on stock bolts and the rubber on the bottom of the front bolts had been trimmed off. It is running z06 springs at the moment. I am sure that lowering can help but I think its too low to where the suspension isn't really working as it should. I would like to be in the range of 1/2" to 3/4" low on stock hardware but I have no idea where my starting point is. Can I get some help to check on what stock settings would be. Either with stock tire size fender measurements or the amount of threads showing on the front and back bolts or something....

Thanks everyone.

Jered
Old 02-15-2015, 05:27 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeredk21
OK so I have a 98 C5 with a whole bunch of upgrades done this winter. I need to really work on my ride height. When I bought the car it was already lowered on stock bolts and the rubber on the bottom of the front bolts had been trimmed off. It is running z06 springs at the moment. I am sure that lowering can help but I think its too low to where the suspension isn't really working as it should. I would like to be in the range of 1/2" to 3/4" low on stock hardware but I have no idea where my starting point is. Can I get some help to check on what stock settings would be. Either with stock tire size fender measurements or the amount of threads showing on the front and back bolts or something....

Thanks everyone.

Jered
GM recommends "10mm, about 0.5" lower than stock". Search on this Forum. There is also a post on a suspension modeling effort.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-geometry.html
Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

So what is the stock ride height?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Some info here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ake-setup.html

Good questions raised in that thread about measurement accuracy/where to measure, and what you are really going for in ride height adjustment- LCA angle was brought up as being more relevant. No good answers so it would be useful to continue that discussion if anyone has further insight...

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Ride Height????

Quick Reply: Stock Ride Height????