Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag connector?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:20 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default airbag connector?

I posted this in C5 tech with no response so I will try here:
I am looking to build a plug in resister to turn off the airbag light. Rather than cut up my existing airbag harness I would rather buy a new plug and terminals and build my own. I have contacted one place that sells these sorts of electrical connector parts but they want nearly $100 just for the male plug housing and the two terminals. Sounds a bit outrageous to me. Does anyone know where I can find such a housing and terminals? It does not need to be yellow in color. Photos of what I need are below.
thanks,
-V

Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I posted this in C5 tech with no response so I will try here:
I am looking to build a plug in resister to turn off the airbag light. Rather than cut up my existing airbag harness I would rather buy a new plug and terminals and build my own. I have contacted one place that sells these sorts of electrical connector parts but they want nearly $100 just for the male plug housing and the two terminals. Sounds a bit outrageous to me. Does anyone know where I can find such a housing and terminals? It does not need to be yellow in color. Photos of what I need are below.
thanks,
-V

try a junk yard they surely have lots of blown GM airbags
Old 02-19-2015, 02:00 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

haha, possibly related to the garbage abs programming.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Have you tried Mouser? http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Aut...ors/_/N-1ehb5/

I purchased the pins for my underseat connector on the C6Z from them for a reasonable price (less than $10). You will need to know the manufacturer so you can search through the list (they have something close to 30,000 connectors listed).

Bill
Old 02-20-2015, 11:12 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

I have not tried them. Thanks for the idea. Any chance you know how I can identify the mfg.? It's just a factory airbag connector, but I have no idea if it's gm made or (probably) otherwise.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I have not tried them. Thanks for the idea. Any chance you know how I can identify the mfg.? It's just a factory airbag connector, but I have no idea if it's gm made or (probably) otherwise.
I played around until I found a connector that looked like what I had. It might be worth a call to them to see if they have it.

Bill
Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

thanks for the suggestion bill. I called and the gentleman I spoke to was extremely helpful in helping me navigate the online catalog. I just need to search around and find a match. If not, he said I could send him some photos and measurements and he would try and find it. Amazing service. I was even told they sell in single quantities. I felt guilty as the time they would spend helping me is worth far more than the price of one connector. I may just buy a handful and make several simulators in case any one else wants them.

Get notified of new replies

To airbag connector?

Quick Reply: airbag connector?