Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autocross in supercharged c7

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM
josebrwn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default autocross in supercharged c7

Got some video from my first day doing autocross at Tucson SCCA's Evolution Phase 1 school. I managed a best time of about 43 seconds. The instructors enjoyed the car and managed about 3 seconds faster than me. I was conservative with the PTM, starting out in dry mode and working my way to race. Each time I moved it up another notch I'd lose a few seconds and have to work my way back to my baseline. I meant to run with all the nannies off but ran out of time. In this video I'm in race mode.

Last edited by josebrwn; 02-22-2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: can't get youtube plugin to work
Old 02-23-2015, 01:44 AM
808EB03Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that Tom Kotzian at the beginning? If so, pick that mans brain. I learned a ton from him at my evo school about a month ago.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:18 AM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey I was the guy in the blue C5 Z06. Nice runs. I know I picked up a few things I hope to be able to carry over into future events. Were you there today? I didn't see the car. All the instructors stayed to run with us which was really cool to see.

Originally Posted by 808EB03Z06
Is that Tom Kotzian at the beginning? If so, pick that mans brain. I learned a ton from him at my evo school about a month ago.
That was indeed him. I got him by a hundredth in comp runs today We'll just ignore the fact he was in a borrowed car and beat me by the time extra runs came around.

Last edited by dhowdy; 02-23-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:12 AM
josebrwn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I didn't make it back Sunday, unfortunately. Yeah he was my afternoon instructor. He seemed to have a lot of fun driving my car, man he took it to a whole different level than I could, really gave me something to work towards. Great day!

Joe

Last edited by josebrwn; 02-25-2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
808EB03Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dhowdy
Hey I was the guy in the blue C5 Z06. Nice runs. I know I picked up a few things I hope to be able to carry over into future events. Were you there today? I didn't see the car. All the instructors stayed to run with us which was really cool to see.

That was indeed him. I got him by a hundredth in comp runs today We'll just ignore the fact he was in a borrowed car and beat me by the time extra runs came around.
Hahaha yeah he was insane in my car. I think I missed him by a quarter of a second by the time we were done.

Get notified of new replies

To autocross in supercharged c7

Quick Reply: autocross in supercharged c7