Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear C7 Z51 (potential spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:49 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Top Gear C7 Z51 (potential spoiler)

So Top Gear showed the Stig run the C7 Z51 yesterday. It ran a 1:19.8 which is pretty impressive compared to the 1:22.4 the C6Z ran a few years ago. Now before anyone gets all excited, yes I know they are on different tires and that's why I posted here,

Anyone have a guesstimate as to the time delta between the old GY's and the PSS?? I haven't driven on both but my guess is it's around that time delta (2 sec or a little more) making the 2 cars pretty close in performance on the same tire.

Obviously a lot of variables. For one thing I don't think we know if they do any warm up laps beforehand or not which would work against GY's probably too.

Still I think that's a pretty good showing for the C7.

I know this is a bit of dupe from the C7 forums but I was hoping there would be more people in this forum with some track knowledge of both tires.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-included.html
Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

From what i've read elsewhere, the track is marginally different from a few years ago and its been resurfaced as well. This is from Ben Collins supposedly. I have always wondered why the times have been getting so fast. Super cars used to be in the mid to low 120's now granted tech has changed a good amount those are some huge gaps.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ludeaem
From what i've read elsewhere, the track is marginally different from a few years ago and its been resurfaced as well. This is from Ben Collins supposedly. I have always wondered why the times have been getting so fast. Super cars used to be in the mid to low 120's now granted tech has changed a good amount those are some huge gaps.
Yea I saw a post about that too. The reasonably priced car times certainly have come down, but I just assumed they're new car is faster. Maybe that isn't all of it.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:57 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Great show last night
Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Wow! no comments about horse buggy suspension or anything, They normaly drive me crazy with their corvette reviews, but I still love the show. I think the new Stingray is just pretty hard to pick at
Old 02-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
Wow! no comments about horse buggy suspension or anything, They normaly drive me crazy with their corvette reviews, but I still love the show. I think the new Stingray is just pretty hard to pick at
You can't take it seriously. Its an entertainment show first, car show second. Would have been funny to see clarkson press the rear bumper like he did on the c6 as a measure of quality.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:15 PM
JEPopp
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Looking forward to see them test a C7 Z06..... Top Gear magazine online has already done one, so hopefully the TV show isn't far behind.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:08 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
Actually they praised that part

oh course then they said it would be like taking a stripper to meet your parents

Get notified of new replies

To Top Gear C7 Z51 (potential spoiler)

Quick Reply: Top Gear C7 Z51 (potential spoiler)