Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Brake Kit ROTOR RINGS suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
jd86L98
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Big Brake Kit ROTOR RINGS suppliers

Anyone have experience with these Rotor Rings? The Brembo rings are ridiculously expensive.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Rotor-Rin...ent-s/4355.htm

Last edited by jd86L98; 02-24-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:57 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

About 1/2 the price of Brembos! I've got a spare set of Brembo fronts (380mm) but might need a rear set this season.

Jim
Old 02-26-2015, 04:58 PM
0SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Vendor

Location: Reno/McCarran, NV - Bay Area, CA - NW Burbs of Chicago, IL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming you need the 355x32mm but please clarify what size you're looking for. After some of the experiences I have witnessed with rotors from that brand I would urge you to reconsider. If you want to save some money AND keep a quality set of rings on your Brembo hats then go for the Stoptech AeroRotor rings for about the same price as the RB rings. The design, construction and metallurgy of the stoptech ring is superior to RB ring and they will last a lot longer from what I have seen. We have used them on several of our own Brembo kits and supplied to many others who track their car often and don't want to pay for the Brembo rings. I can say that for sure that 328x28mm, 355x32mm and 380x32mm are direct fit onto the Bembo hats that use those rotor sizes but please confirm first. If needed I can pull the technical drawings to double check fitment.

Please let me know if I can help.

-Matt M.

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 02-26-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Matt, appreciate the advice. I have the Brembo GT BBK. The rear rings are 345 mm.

Jim
Old 02-27-2015, 01:11 PM
0SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Vendor

Location: Reno/McCarran, NV - Bay Area, CA - NW Burbs of Chicago, IL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Thanks Matt, appreciate the advice. I have the Brembo GT BBK. The rear rings are 345 mm.

Jim
345x28mm? I'm 99% sure that size fits just fine as well but let me confirm for you.

If so and you are interested, we have them on sale for 15% off with free shipping right now. We can also spec them with the race hardware to allow a little more float at no additional charge

StopTech AeroRotor Replacement Race Rotor Slotted Left 345x28mm
StopTech AeroRotor Replacement Race Rotor Slotted Right 345x28mm

-Matt M.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Remember there is more that goes into a rotor than just price.

That might be a good option and probably not bad to try, but you should also keep a record of how long they last, and also the other parts that are affected like pad wear and caliper rebuilds.

That might not sound like all of those would go together, but the vanes in the rotor, the angle, and the number of vanes do matter on cooling and how much air is being pumped through the entire assembly and thus can effect pad wear and caliper life, not only the life of the rotor.

In some cases, like our early TransAm race car days, the rotors didn't matter and there was no point in buying expensive rotors as you were lucky if they lasted a race, much less the entire weekend. The newer, and larger, brakes found on the endurance cars do matter and you might spend a little more for a rotor that would last you 8hrs vs something half the cost that might only last 2 hrs.

Just something to think about.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Did we confirm that those fit the rear of the Brembo GT kit? With as little as the rears wear on a C6Z I'm willing to try a non-Brembo rotor.

With the fronts I got 70 sessions on the last set of 350x34 72-vane Brembo rotors. They still haven't cracked but I have started wearing through the grooves
Old 03-01-2015, 11:23 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I've given Racing Brakes two attempts and both have come up pretty bad. I bought them instead of Stoptech's for my Stoptech kit and they cracked within 4 days on the track. I threw them away and went back to Stop Tech, with no regrets.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:27 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
I'm assuming you need the 355x32mm but please clarify what size you're looking for. After some of the experiences I have witnessed with rotors from that brand I would urge you to reconsider. If you want to save some money AND keep a quality set of rings on your Brembo hats then go for the Stoptech AeroRotor rings for about the same price as the RB rings. The design, construction and metallurgy of the stoptech ring is superior to RB ring and they will last a lot longer from what I have seen. We have used them on several of our own Brembo kits and supplied to many others who track their car often and don't want to pay for the Brembo rings. I can say that for sure that 328x28mm, 355x32mm and 380x32mm are direct fit onto the Bembo hats that use those rotor sizes but please confirm first. If needed I can pull the technical drawings to double check fitment.

-Matt M.
Hi Matt, that's good to know. I have run Stoptech BBK on my street 04 Z06 since 2006, with a few track events per year, and STILL run my original Stoptech rotors without any problem. I feel a little better now
Old 03-01-2015, 09:16 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I believe you can contact coleman and send them your old rings and they will make new ones. They keep the specs on file for reorders.

This is what they told me, but I have not tried them yet.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:10 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs
I believe you can contact coleman and send them your old rings and they will make new ones. They keep the specs on file for reorders.

Used Coleman for a dozen years, Many orders, both C5 Z and C6 Z.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:44 AM
jd86L98
Pro

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs

Great to know!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:48 AM
jd86L98
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA

-Matt M.
The AERO Rotors sound like a good alternative.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:49 AM
jd86L98
Pro

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Did we confirm that those fit the rear of the Brembo GT kit? With as little as the rears wear on a C6Z I'm willing to try a non-Brembo rotor.

With the fronts I got 70 sessions on the last set of 350x34 72-vane Brembo rotors. They still haven't cracked but I have started wearing through the grooves
Brembos on the front and a Stoptech rotor on the rear might be the way to go.

Get notified of new replies

To Big Brake Kit ROTOR RINGS suppliers

Quick Reply: Big Brake Kit ROTOR RINGS suppliers