Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Competition seats/ w harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:03 PM
928nomore
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default C7 Competition seats/ w harness

I have recently ordered a new Z06 and the holes for the harnesses in the competition seats appears to be too low for me ( i am 6'). What have the c7 guys been doing for Harness bars and belt position?

At almost 2k for the competition seats, if they don't work I may be better off going with an aftermarket race seat? any recommendations?
Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 928nomore
I have recently ordered a new Z06 and the holes for the harnesses in the competition seats appears to be too low for me ( i am 6'). What have the c7 guys been doing for Harness bars and belt position?

At almost 2k for the competition seats, if they don't work I may be better off going with an aftermarket race seat? any recommendations?
Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Sparco Evo2.

The competition seats don't have an anti-sub belt slot, so unless you're going to use the one or 2 approved 4 point harnesses with ASM (Scroth and Takata are the only 2 I've heard of), all those seats get you is bragging rights to say "yeah these holes would be for race harnesses". You won't be able to run 4 point harnesses with almost every sanctioning body out there.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by 928nomore
....new Z06 and the holes for the harnesses in the competition seats appears to be too low....
Yeah - more than a year ago when I first watched the Jay Leno video linked below I wondered how the competition seats would ever work with a harness.

Scroll out to 9:15 in the video and you can see a view from behind that shows Jay sitting in the seat, and the holes are WAY below his shoulders. I think Jay is around 5'11", and it looks like unless you're very short that the shoulder harness straps would go through the holes and then would have to go up significantly in order to go up and over your shoulders. I don't think that is satisfactory routing of the shoulder harness.

The car in the video is a 2014 Stingray, but I'm sure the Z06 seats are exactly the same.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Competition seats/ w harness

Quick Reply: C7 Competition seats/ w harness