Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Race seat

For the last 6 years I have had Corbeau Forza seats in my '87 autocross car and they are about worn out (at least the foam padding is all but gone). This seat model easily fits in the car and I'm using the Corbeau sliders with them.

Has anyone had any experience with either the Forza "Sport" (FWIW, FIA approved) or the FX1 Pro seats? Both seats come with 5 and 6 point harness slots and are very close to the same dimensions as the Forza seats I have now. At TPS Motorsports (CF Supporting Vendor) they are the same price for the cloth versions.

I do drive the car on the street occasionally and it also sees track use so some level of comfort is a good thing...
Old 07-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Was just searching for information exactly along these lines, to bad you never got any responses. Push it back to the top to see if someone has some input now!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the FX1 Pros on Corbeau sliders and they fit in the car well, give good support, and I thought they were pretty comfortable till I sat in some Recaros.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:57 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Alternate point of view ----- Forget new seats. Just take your old cushions to the local upholstry shop. They can make you new ones using existing as a pattern. Add what ever cushioning / lateral support padding you want. A whole lot cheaper than swapping seats.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:42 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Last C5
I have the FX1 Pros on Corbeau sliders and they fit in the car well, give good support, and I thought they were pretty comfortable till I sat in some Recaros.
Haha yeah, I second that!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Alternate point of view ----- Forget new seats. Just take your old cushions to the local upholstry shop. They can make you new ones using existing as a pattern. Add what ever cushioning / lateral support padding you want. A whole lot cheaper than swapping seats.
I don't think stock seats with different padding would offer the same level of safety/support as a dedicated racing seat. Would definitely be better then the bench seat stockers, but simply being a folding seat wouldn't be good.

Casual sporty driver, sure, dedicated track car, no.

Get notified of new replies

To Race seat

Quick Reply: Race seat