Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alignment shop in Tn

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default alignment shop in Tn

I'm sandwiched between Nashville and Knoxville in Cookville. Looking for a good alignment shop. "Will travel within reason"
Thanks in advance.
Al
Old 05-07-2015, 09:30 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

VetteSport in Smyrna. None better. He wins races, I simply try to emulate when he prepares my car. His shop is full service complete with dyno.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
VetteSport in Smyrna. None better. He wins races, I simply try to emulate when he prepares my car. His shop is full service complete with dyno.
Thank you sir. smyrna isn't that far. I'm not sure if his site is down but I couldn't get any links to open.
I was a track junkie "bikes" several years ago but haven't made the move to cars yet. I'm just looking for an alignment done right.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:01 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tnacdrmr
Thank you sir. smyrna isn't that far. I'm not sure if his site is down but I couldn't get any links to open.
I was a track junkie "bikes" several years ago but haven't made the move to cars yet. I'm just looking for an alignment done right.
Dr. Jerry Onks - 615-218-2823. I have known Jerry for 10 years or so. He has kept my C4 and C5 running great on the track for years. He gets to the shop around mid morning. He knows C4's, C5's, and C6's. He has worked on some C7's, too. When he does the work, you can take it to the track and enjoy.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Dr. Jerry Onks - 615-218-2823. I have known Jerry for 10 years or so. He has kept my C4 and C5 running great on the track for years. He gets to the shop around mid morning. He knows C4's, C5's, and C6's. He has worked on some C7's, too. When he does the work, you can take it to the track and enjoy.
Thanks again. It's a C6Z.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Husky Doug
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect timing, I was just about to post the same question and his shop is only about 10 miles from me.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Husky Doug
Perfect timing, I was just about to post the same question and his shop is only about 10 miles from me.
Good deal. I did a search and came up empty in Tn. Then I sent painrace a pm because I know he tracks and lives down the hill but never got a response, so I decided to make this thread.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:01 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tnacdrmr
Good deal. I did a search and came up empty in Tn. Then I sent painrace a pm because I know he tracks and lives down the hill but never got a response, so I decided to make this thread.
Jim (Painrace) checks out the forum every so often. He and Jerry did some work on his dry sump not long ago. Jim lets Jerry do his work sometimes because he is too lazy to put in his own lift. (It's true, Jim, it's true)

As far as close shops; you would be surprised at the unique car shops located within a short hike of Painrace's taj-ma-garage-mahal. I don't know if you have met Jody. His is a great paint shop and general modification setup with some outlandish HP mods, Yoder has a place that can weld anything you throw at him, Onks has the tuning and modifications as well - all within a stone's throw almost. They are not just convenient, they are craftsmen - seriously!

Last edited by SouthernSon; 05-09-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Agree with Southern Son, except the part about the lift???

Jim
Old 05-10-2015, 06:53 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Painrace
Agree with Southern Son, except the part about the lift???

Jim
Inside joke, wish I had your energy, buddy.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Well I met Jerry today. Great guy and as soon as he put the car on the lift he identified a leaking left front pfadt SA feather lite coil over. Needless to say the alignment didn't get completed today and won't until I can either get it rebuilt or binned. Did a search on shops that can rebuild the SA feathers and came up with this....
Feal Suspension, Inc.
1640 E. Francis St.
Ontario, CA 91761
United States
For 200 a pop.
Anyone else know of any other shops setup to rebuild these shocks and had good longevity after the build. I think the car is currently getting 5k "street miles" per failure and if this is the norm, I'll go back to the leafs.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Well I went back to leafs with DRM Bilstiens and today Jerry did his magic with the alignment (aggressive street). Great guy with tons of talent.

Get notified of new replies

To alignment shop in Tn

Quick Reply: alignment shop in Tn